Pledge of Allegiance

by Celia 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Seeker,

Everyone propagates their ideas. Your post was an example of propaganda, you were presenting your view point, period. It's not a crime, the question is, what are you propagating. Are you LYING as you propagate? Propaganda in and of itself is neutral, neither good nor evil.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Everyone propagates their ideas. Your post was an example of propaganda, you were presenting your view point, period. It's not a crime, the question is, what are you propagating. Are you LYING as you propagate? Propaganda in and of itself is neutral, neither good nor evil.

No, I offered an opinion in response to another opinion in response to another post, etc. That's the nature of discussion boards. Propaganda here would be only one side presented as if it were ultimate truth, dissenting voices hushed. That did not happen, and thus it was not propaganda according to the actual definition of the word that I posted.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

All propagand is put forth in a world of opinion. The Catholic Church Propagates the faith, as does the WTBTS as does the Democratic, Republican, and Communist Party. YOU only presented your side, your OPINION. That's the nature of propaganda.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

propaganda is practiced at greatcrowd.net

just my two cents on saluting the flag....i feel uncomfortable doing it now even though i've been out of the jws for 9 yrs for similar reasons seeker listed, esp. the God part. but i love the USA and i'm happy i grew up in a country where i can decide if i want to salute or not. and as for the singing of the national anthem, i stand and face the flag but since i don't know the words, can't sing along, hehe.

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Seeker
    Seeker

No, for when you define "propaganda" as merely being the expressing of "opinion" you ignore the definition of the word itself. Why even the need for such a word if "opinion" is the same thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit