The Watchtower and Creation

by AlanF 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi TopHat,

I was moved by your post to ask how you can say that the observable universe provides us with evidence for God? There is no harmony nor intelligence displayed in the universe. It is a chaotic mess clearly without intelligent design.

On the small scale we are supposed to believe that a creator god who already knew how to design fish which can take oxygen directly from the water yet then creates fully aquatic whales & dolphins which must come to the surface to breath? Or sea turtles and seals which must return to land in order to reproduce? Why did God design land plants and animals to need water at all? Billions have died from a lack of water and large areas of the planet are under utilized due to this bizzarre design limitation. Why are there amphibians which reproduce in water exactly as fish and even begin life as fish with fins and gills but then grow limbs and start to breath air as adults? Why is most of the water on the planet so salty that it is useless for land plants and animals when they could have been designed to use salt water, both fresh and salt, made all water fresh, or just not require water at all? I see bad design choices ever where I look and I am just a stupid human. Surely a god who creates universes can do better than me when it comes to solving these minor problems and design flaws. Why are so many things required to kill and eat each other? Why do we need food at all as billions have been starved due to it's lack. Why are there parasites? Germs? If there must be death why isn't it quick and painless instead of slow and drawn out? Why can't we appear young and healthy and then just die at a preset lifespan instead of gradually becoming weak, worn out, sickly, ugly and lingering in death. I can make a huge list of other stupid design choices but you get the point.

On a larger scale why are there asteroids smacking into everything and causing mass extinctions? Why do stars explode and destroy whole planetary systems. Why are orbits irregular and the Sun's energy inconsistant instead of perfectly round and consistant? That is just the tip of the ice berg. Why create all the suffering and pain for animals even if I bought the "humans sinned so we are puished" nonsense. The universe is cruel and uncaring which is ok if it all is an accident but try and drape a designer on it and you've got one saddistic sick bastard running the show. I prefer this cruel horrifying universe to be godless otherwise any intelligence behind it is clearly evil.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Great post Alan. Where many readers of Genesis go awry is in the very first sentence, which they construe as describing a separate event than the creative acts narrated in the six days of 1:3-31. But this is simply a summary statement of ch. 1 which is merely the first chapter of a much longer story; the beginning of that longer story is the creation of the heavens and the earth. The Priestly creation account in Genesis 1:1-2:4a (followed by a separate Yahwist account in 2:4b-3:24) begins and ends with summary statements. The story begins: "In the beginning God created (br'shyt) the heavens (h-shmym) and the earth (h-'rts)" (1:1). The narrative of the six days then describes God making a vault on the second day which he calls shmym "heavens" (1:7-8) and then he gathered the primeval waters of the deep on one place on the third day, making dry land which God calls 'rts "earth/land" (1:9-10). These are the very same words used in 1:1 but are usually rendered in most English translations as "sky" and "land", obscuring the clear connection with the "heavens" and "earth" of the first verse. Thus, God makes the heavens and the earth during the six days. Then God continues preparing the heavens and earth for habitation until the end of the sixth day. Then we encounter the second summary statement of the account: "Thus the heavens and the earth (h-shmym w-h-'rts) and all their army came to their completion (yklw)" (2:1). Just as 1:1 anticipates what happens in 1:3-31, so does 2:1 look back to what transpired in 1:3-31. Then God rests on the seventh day (a special event set off from the rest of the account), and the entire narrative is drawn to a close by the third and final summary statement: "Thus is the account of the heavens and the earth (h-shmym w-h-'rts) in the time of their creation (bhbr'm)" (2:4a). This statement is the natural book end for the narrative, reprising the wording of the very first sentence. The Priestly history in Genesis is also filled with many other summary statements, most using the same word twldwt "account" from 2:4a (cf. Genesis 5:1, 6:9, 10:1, 11:10, 27, 25:12, 19, 36:1, 9, 37:2, etc.).

The second place where readers go awry is in the second verse, which is typically used to reinforce the idea that 1:1 refers to an initial creating of the earth that precedes what is narrated in v. 3ff. But despite what may be implied in the NWT rendering "the earth proved to be formless and waste (thw w-bhw)", the sense seems to be that the earth was as yet uncreated. Compare Job 26:7 which describes God's creative activity: "He stretches the North (= heaven, God's habitation) over the void (thw), and poises the earth over nothingness (blymh)". Here the word thw is paralleled to the word meaning "nothingness". Another example is found in Isaiah 40: "Before him all the nations are as nothing (k-'yn); they are regarded by him as emptiness (thw) and less than nothing (m'ps) .... He brings princes to naught (l-'yn), and reduces the rulers of this world to oblivion (k-thw)" (v. 17, 23). The sense of Genesis 1:2 is that the earth (= land) was a void (thw), it was a nothingness, for God had not yet created land by separating it from the waters (cf. Isaiah 45:18 which says that Yahweh "did not create the earth as a thw" but as a place to be inhabited). The description in Genesis 1:2 is not of an already-created earth but a primeval chaos that had yet to be organized and fashioned into land, seas, and heavens. A telling parallel can be found in the Phoenician creation myth which describes primeval chaos in language very similar to the descriptions in Genesis 1:2 of chaos (thw), a watery deep (thwm), darkness (chshk), and a wind (rwch) blowing on the waters:

"At the beginning of everything there was darkness and a strong wind or darkness and a whining wind and a black slimy chaos. It was unordered and undefined and remained so for an age. But when the wind fell in love with its own first principles, it gave rise to a mixture called Pothos that was at the beginning of the cosmos. From the embrace of the wind with the uncreated deep, (the god) Mot was born, who some say is mud and others call a putrescence of a watery mixture" (Philo of Byblos, Phoenican History, cited in Eusebius, PE 1.10).

A third reason why readers go astray is that they read into the text a modern concept of a spherical earth surrounded by outer space, which is entirely foreign to the text itself and which allows readers to localize such creative acts as the formation of the heavenly luminaries as events occurring only at the earth itself (such as the Society's rationalization that the text is only referring to luminaries becoming visible to the earth).

The material in Exodus 20:8-11 and 31:15-17 (which may have intruded in the Decalogue from the Priestly tradition, compare 20:8-11 with Deuteronomy 5:12-15 on the one hand and with 31:15-17 on the other) clearly indicates that the six days of the creation week correspond to six literal days and it is also worth pointing out that the non-literal interpretation runs into absurdities when the "mornings" and "evenings" are taken into account. Each creative day had a morning and evening (Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31), consisting of alternating periods of "light" and "darkness" (v. 4-5). If the creative days were instead eons consisting of thousands or millions of years, that would mean that there were long epochs in which the earth was in constant darkness or constant illumination. This obviously is not what is meant here. The rhythm of time that set the six days in motion is set off by the temporal separating of light from darkness into day and night so clearly these are days which have their own daytimes and nighttimes. This is reinforced in v. 16-18 which states that God created the sun, moon, and stars to "govern" (lmshl) the cycle of day and night that was already in motion.

(Readers should extract from their minds any thought of a spherical earth spinning on its axis with sides facing towards and away from the sun; the text conceives of the earth (= land) below being illuminated by the heavens above in alterating cycles of light and darkness which three days later came to be governed by the luminaries that were designed to "serve as signs determining the seasons, days, and years", v. 14. Compare with the Babylonian creation account in the Enuma Elish: "He determined the year by designating the zones, he set up three constellations for each of the 12 months, after defining the days of the year ... the moon he caused to shine, entrusting to him the night, appointing him as a creature of the night to signify the day". In both cases, the time periods precede the luminaries created to signify them).

Finally, it is worth noting that the intellectual heirs of the Priestly tradition enshrined their literal interpretation of the six days of creation in their own sabbatical calendar (designed to keep all the sabbaths and festivals on the same day of the week every year), which construed the first day of the year as always occurring on a Wednesday. This was because the sun was created on the fourth day of the week (Wednesday), with the sabbath falling on Saturday, and the length of the year was determined by the sun in the priestly sabbatical calendar. This was of great ideological importance as it meant that those who followed the lunisolar calendar observed the sabbath on the wrong day: "Those who will follow the moon diligently will corrupt the appointed times and will advance from year to year ten days, corrupting the years and making a day of testimony a reproach and a profane day a festival, and they will mix up everything, a holy day as profaned and a profane day as a holy day, because they will set awry the months and sabbaths and feasts and jubilees" (Jubilees 6:36-38). You can see the calendar at work in Jubilees (dating to the mid-second century BC) which takes the first six days of creation as literal. Adam was created on the third day of the first month but the sixth day of the creation week (Jubilees 2:13-14), and since both woman and man were created on the same day (Genesis 1:26-27) and because God rested on the seventh. Thus "in the first week Adam was created and also the rib, his wife and in the second week he showed her to him. And therefore the commandment was given to observe seven days for a male, but for a female twice seven days in their impurity" (Jubilees 3:8). The second week directly follows the creation week, and this was the time when Adam was alone. The author here applies the Priestly law of Leviticus 12:2-5 to Adam, requiring him to wait 7 days before he becomes clean after "giving birth" to Eve. Then, in accordance to the Priestly law in Leviticus, Adam must wait a total of 40 days before he could enter into Eden (on the 13th day of the second month) while Eve had to wait a total of 80 days before she could become clean and enter Eden on the 22nd day of the third month (Jubilees 3:9, 12). This parallels with Moses' entry into the cloud on Mount Sinai (entering into God's presence as Adam and Eve did in Eden), which happened on the same day (Jubilees 1:3). All of this depends on reckoning the first six days of creation as calendar days, with the fourth creative day corresponding to the first day of the year.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Thanks for your typically astute comments, Leolaia!

One of your comments got me to thinking about something that has rather irked me for some time. Job 26:7 is rendered in the NWT: "He is stretching out the north over the empty place, hanging the earth upon nothing." In the NWT Genesis 1:2 is rendered: "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste . . ." The Hebrew word translated in Job 26:7 as "empty place" (tohu) is translated in Gen. 1:2 as "formless". The Hebrew words translated in Job 26:7 as "nothing" mean "not what", according to The NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament, and this is apparently the only place in the OT where this construction of "not something" occurs (the Watchtower Society seems to concur on this).

Given all this, and the way Hebrew writers often use parallel constructions in poetry such as in Job, it seems to me that the notions of "stretching out the north over the empty place" and "hanging the earth upon nothing" are parallel constructions in Hebrew poetry, and as such, must mean essentially the same thing, namely, that this "empty place" and "nothing" are essentially the same thing. And since we're talking about reality here, as opposed to ethereal theological stuff, Job 26:7 basically means that God's "hanging the earth upon nothing" means nothing more than God "hung the earth upon the essentially vague notion of the Hebrew tohu," which means, in conjunction with Genesis 1:2, that God hung the earth upon something "formless".Which means that the whole notion of consistency in the Pentateuch is false.

Narkissos, perhaps you can make some helpful comments here.

The wanderer said:

: I think if you could cut down on the information regarding your subject material the article would get a better response.

Perhaps, but I try to write for an audience a bit above the level of Austrian Emperor Joseph II, who upon hearing one of Mozart's operas famously observed, "Too many notes, my dear Mozart". To which Mozart replied (at least, in the play Amadeus), "Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?"

So there, Wanderer, if you have trouble dealing with too much information, I suggest you quit reading here and proceed to something a bit more up your alley, or offer helpful suggestions as to just what words ought to be cut out and just what words ought to be put in place..

Arthur, your observations about the Society are all too correct. Its leaders are intellectually dishonest because they hold a different standard for themselves than for everyone else.

Tophat said:

: Look how far Man has come in 100 years....I can only imagine a Powerful Entity creating the heavens and Earth in 6 days. I believe it's possible.

I think you've completely missed the point of my post, which was that the JWs disagree with the Bible. I agree that the Bible teaches what you said. I don't agree with the Bible.

But your comment is thought provoking. How much Man has come in 100 years indeed! But how far has the Bible's view of, say, women come along in that time period? Nada. Remember that the Bible's view of women is that they are the property of men -- a special kind of property, but still property. A girl was her father's property until she married, after which she was her husband's property. Whose property are you?

In another post you said:

: Proof of God! Just look around you at the abundance of life so well put-together and in harmony. Not just the Earth is in harmony but the whole Universe.

I agree! That women are men's property is perfectly in harmony both with God's explicit laws and with the way in which he created men and women, where women are in subjection to men, both by nature and by common assent.

Undercover wrote:

: I've always been aggravated that the WTS claims that the earthrock has been in existence for billions of years yet all the life on it is less than 50,000 years old.

Exactly. Last night I spoke to a friend who used to be in Bethel and knew many of the Writing Staff members. One of these Bethel Heavies, one Karl Adams who was in charge of writing the Proclaimers book, more or less issued an edict that the lesser writers would not comment any more on things like the age of life. That this edict, or perhaps guiding policy, is still in effect is shown by the ridiculously waffling articles in the September, 2006 Awake! It perfectly illustrates your point. Yet, these same writers have no problem agreeing with the scientifically established 4.5 billion year figure for the age of the earth. How can these people be so transparently stupid?

: What's happened in the last century is that the physical evidence has crushed the myth of a literal creation as described in the Bible. Creationists refuse to let go of the old mythology, but the WTS knowing that they can't defend that style of creation, attempt to merge real science and Bible mythology to come up with a plausible scenerio. Of course, all JWs are expected to accept this notion as pure Bible "truth" and believe it as much as they once believed that the generation of 1914 would not die off.

You hit the nail on the head again. But I think that in the long run, more and more stupid doctrines like these will fall by the wayside. The JWs as an organization have come along far enough in their evolution that now their main focus is on survival as an organization. The specifics of their teachings are largely irrelevant to their survival, and so almost all teachings are subject to drastic change as needed to maintain membership.

You nailed this Mad poster pretty good.

To Doug Mason:

I understand your points. However, the JWs are biblical literalists for the most part -- except, of course, when for some odd reason they aren't. Such literalists do not accept your view.

To ringo5:

Thank you for pointing out the Society's comments here. You're right -- and that was part of my complaint -- that this really doesn't amount to actual argumentation. Their comment that the "heaven" of Exodus 20:11 and 31:17 "evidently" refers to the creation of "the heavens and the earth" is a tacit admission that they have no real argument. We all know that the Society's use of "evidently" means "we believe this but have nothing to back it up". Buried as it is in an article about heaven, and with no explicit connection with Genesis 1:1, it raises far more questions than it answers. And that's why the Society carefully avoids trying to reconcile Exodus and Genesis in a single piece of argumentation.

To AlmostAtheist:

I agree with your comments. See mine addressing Narkissos' comments below.

Narkissos wrote:

: I guess a JW apologist (a better one than Mad, that is) would crawl his/her way out of this one by pulling on the formal difference between br' ("to create") in Genesis 1:1 and `sh ("to make") in Exodus. As they do in Genesis 1:1,14 which (contrary to Mad's explanation) they interpret as (1) "creation" of heaven, including the sun and stars and (2) "making" of their present appearance as visible from the earth... (by whom?).

Ah, but this good JW apologist would be as inconsistent and guilty of specious argumentation as the Society itself. The fact is, those two Hebrew words (br' and `sh) can be synonyms, as shown in Genesis 1 itself when it describes happenings on the 5th and 6th creative days:

And God proceeded to create (br') the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about . . . (Gen. 1:21)

And God proceeded to make (`sh) the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind. (Gen. 1:25)

Assuming only that the descriptions are logically consistent in their use of the two terms of interest, we must conclude that br' and `sh are used here as synonyms. If they can be synonymous within Genesis, then they can equally be synonymous when used in Genesis and Exodus to describe the creation/making of the heavens, earth, sea and all that is in them. How, then, can one decide whether br' used in Genesis 1:1 means the same thing as `sh used in Exodus 20:11 and 31:17?

These matters have been discussed long and hard by various Bible scholars -- but certainly not by Watchtower writers, who are no more scholars than they are astronauts -- and there are many opinions. One set of opinions can be lumped into "the gap theory", which is essentially what the Watchtower Society subscribes to, even though nothing is ever mentioned directly about it in Watchtower literature. This basically says that there is some sort of gap in time between what Genesis 1:1 refers to and what the rest of Genesis 1 refers to. This notion is strongly argued against by Young-Earth Creationists, who insist that there is no gap between Genesis 1:1 and the rest of Genesis 1, based on many considerations including the language of Exodus 20:11 and 31:17. Note some comments by the Creationist Bible scholar John C. Whitcomb (in The Early Earth: An Introduction to Biblical Creationism, Revised Edition, Baker Book House, 1986, pp. 151-3):

The fourth major supporting argument for the Gap Theory is built upoon a supposed distinction between the verbs "created" (bara') and "made" (`asah). If this distinction is not clearly maintained, then the Gap Theory must collapse, for Exodus 20:11 states, "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them." Obviously, if God "made" everything within six days, there would be no room for a long time interval between the creating of the heavens and earth (Gen. 1:1) and the creating of all the other things (Gen. 1:2-31). Therefore the Gap Theory requires that "made" (`asah) in Exodus 20:11 should be understood as referring only to the "refashioning" of the heavens and the earth in six days after the supposed judgment of Genesis 1:2.

Whitcomb then takes the New Scofield Reference Bible to task for supporting the "Gap Theory" and writes:

With regard to Genesis 1:3 ("Then God said, `Let there be light;' and there was light"), the New Scofield Reference Bible states that "neither here nor in vv. 14-18 is an original creative act implied. A different word is used. The sense is made to appear, made visible. The sun and moon were created `in the beginning.' The light came from the sun, of course, but the vapor diffused the light. Later the sun appeared in an unclouded sky" (p. 1, note #6).

But this interpretation raises serious questions. In the first place, if God had intended to convey to us the idea that the heavenly bodies (sun, moon, and stars) were already in existence on the first day, but only "appeared" on the fourth day (by a removal of clouds) the verb to appear could easily have been used, as in Genesis 1:9 ("and let the dry land appear"). Furthermore, if the creation of the sun occurred as part of the creative activity supposedly covered by Genesis 1:1, how could the earth have been shrouded in total darkness in 1:2? No cloud canopy could have excluded the sun's light, for water vapors were not elevated above the firmament until the second day of creation.

Whitcomb then argues for a consistent interpretation of Genesis 1:21 and 1:25:

Surely we are not to think that sea creatures were directly "created" on the fifth day, but land animals were merely "appointed" or "made to appear" on the sixth day! All those who hold that bara' and `asah cannot be used of the same kind of divine activity are faced with a serious difficulty here. In fact, the difficulty is so severe that the New Scofield Reference Bible, in support of this distinction, suggests that the beasts which were "made" on the sixth day (vs. 25) were actually already "created" on the fifth day (p. 2, note #2). But such an interpretation is impossible since the beasts were obviously brought into existence for the first time on the sixth day ("let the earth bring forth," vs. 24). This bringing into existence is described as a work wherein God "made the beasts of the earth" (vs. 25).

Whitcomb engages in more argumentation and concludes:

These examples should suffice to show the absurdities to which one is driven by making distinctions which God never intended to make. For the sake of variety and fullness of expression (a basic and extremely helpful characteristic of Hebrew literature), different verbs are used to convey the concept of supernatural creation. It is particularly clear that whatever shade of meaning the rather flexible verb made (`asah) may bear in other contexts of the Old Testament, in the context of Genesis 1 it stands as a synonym for created (bara'). Thus, not only animal life and human life, but also plant life and the astronomic bodies were directly created by God in their appropriate days; and this fact, in the light of Exodus 20:11, is utterly devastating to the Gap Theory.

I completely agree with Whitcomb's conclusion.

Another consideration is, what could the ancient writers and readers of Genesis and Exodus have made of arguments that the JWs and other "gap theorists" set forth? These arguments would obviously be unintelligible. After all, the Hebrew concept of the earth was of a pizza pie shaped earth sitting in the midst of the waters around and below the dry land, and the waters above the "firmament" or "expanse". Any ancient Jew reading Exodus would ineluctably conclude that the entire heavens, earth, sea and all that is in them were created/made in six literal days. Arguments against this come from people who have regard for some of the solid findings of modern science but who still need to maintain some sort of faith in the Bible.

As usual, Leolaia's comments are further proof of my contention.

In your 2nd post, you made some comments about understanding Genesis that I agree with, ending with: "provided you don't mistake it as 'what really happened'."

Mad wrote:

: 4 points to go in one of your ears- and out the other:

Ignoring your obvious difficulties with writing in the English language, let's examine your four points and see if they hold up, especially given what I posted and you completely ignored.

: Note 1 (Day 1) : Genesis 1: 1- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    2-And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

: ...The Earth ALREADY existed when the Creative "Days" began..

I'm perfectly well aware of the Watchtower Society's views on this. My point was that these views contradict biblical views. In view of Exodus 20:11 and 31:17, the earth was part of the creation that commenced with the first creative day.

Exodus clearly states that God created/made the entire cosmos, the heavens and the earth and the sea and the things in them, in the very same six literal 24-hour days that were the basis for the injunction that all ancient Jews observe the 7th day, the sabbath.

: Note 2 (Day 1): Gen 1:3-And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    4-And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

: 5-And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Ok, and? Oh, I see. I'm supposed to read on. So be it.

...the Creative "Day" was a period of time when he used the Light. Was it the Sun giving Earth a 24- hour Day as we know it???

You tell me. Keep in mind the various arguments and scriptures presented above.

: Note 3 (4th Day): Gen 1:14nd God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night . . .

Mad continues with the sort of gobbledegoop we've come to expect from JWs:

: ....the FIRST Light (making day/ morning & evening/night) was from another source, since He didn't make the sun & moon til the 4th day.

What "another source"?

: Note 4 . . . the ENTIRE PERIOD of 6 Creative Days is referred to as ONE Day.

Yeah. And?

: Thus the BIBLE shows the Earth was Older than the NON-24 hour Days in which He made the Earth.

This is complete gobble-de-goop. What do you really mean?

: The Church Fairy Tale of the 6 Periods of time being 72 hours

I suspect that you mean 24 hours each. Note that 72 hours entails exactly 3 days. Apparently you're an order of magnitude more braindead than the typical JW we've seen in these parts.

: is one of the reasons many smart, educated people don't give credit to the Bible- when the fault was not with it- but the Brainless Clergy- and people like YOU!

LOL! I think that your comments are extremely useful in showing why intelligent people should not become JWs -- they lose virtually all ability to reason in the normal human manner.

AlanF

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hi Alan and Liberty, It makes my heart glad to see you are still studying God's word the Bible....You'll get it...don't worry. You are just a little confused right now.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Alan:

I really was not trying to be a "wise-guy".

Regarding your quote:

"So there, Wanderer, if you have trouble dealing with too much information, I suggest you quit reading here and proceed to something a bit more up your alley, or offer helpful suggestions as to just what words ought to be cut out and just what words ought to be put in place.." - Alan F

Personally, I think if you learn how to write for
    the web I might be interested in what you have
    to say.

Here is a helpful suggestion.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Alan, thanks for starting this very informative topic. Once again you have made a difficult topic easy to understand. I found it to be concise and to the point, there are no words to be cut out and or replaced.

As a Former Theocractic Ministry School Overseer, you would of made my job easy I could tell that your speech counsel slips have been replaced and worn out by your former school overseer faster then anyone else in the school. Nothing to add and nothing to replace any of your thoughts and words. Leolaia and Narkissos included in your company. With you three in my school, I would hand you your counsel slips before you even stared to do your assigment.

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

As usual ALAN , when you post it is a gem. Still miss your battles with pseudo-scholar goatus buggerus

• theMadChristian
    theMadChristian

Thanks for asking! In Hebrew, the word translated "Day" covers the 24-hour, the generation, and a period of time. So I doubt the Early Jews who worshipped Yahweh at that time took it as a 24-hour day- but took it as a PATTERN that if God took a "Day/Period of Time" to rest, He was arranging the same for them! Remember- this was at a time when science was unknown. They had no concept of a spinning globe circling the sun, no concept of the Ecosystem- probably very little concept of what life was all about, since Jehovah was revealing it little at a time over the ages!

To take that statement as 'proof' of God creating Heaven & Earth in a 24-hour day- even tho He could have if He wanted to- is absurd, and just another example of "grasping at straws" in an attempt to prove a fallacy. Both Science and the Bible indicate that Jehovah took His time designing the Earth, then designing the plant & animal kingdom! Take, for example the Dinosaurs. (Did you read the articles in National Geographic a few years back, where some scientists claimed they might have been MAMMALS?) Did He- in just a few hours- create near endless varieties of all shapes & sizes, then wipe them all out- in such a brief period of time? Again, He could if He wanted to- the evidence indicates otherwise-including how He has CONTINUED to do things; namely, according to HIS timetable, where He takes His time- not OUR'S! After all- couldn't He have just BLINKED ("I Dream of Jeannie"), and INSTANTLY created all?

Agape,

the Mad JW

Earth Created in 6 24-hour days=

• TopHat
    TopHat

OH MY, Alan, YOU DO have a few Brown Nose trip-overs following you around. That is so sad that people cannot think for themsleves and form their own opinions.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wanderer,

Your writing ability is impressive, however, I think if you could cut down on the information regarding your subject material the article would
    get a better response.

A comparison of your 'writings' on this Board over the past while with those posted by Alan over the past few years leads me to suggest you shut 'yer cakehole and learn a little modesty rather than issue condescending instructions to your betters.

Is that concise enough for you?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit