Hi! Anyone posting from the South FL area?

by Cotton Tail 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Fort Myers area - if you need to talk feel free to e-mail me. I was raised as a JW myself- baptised at 12 and very "into it" until I reached adulthood and grew a mind of my own. Just in the last few months I realized I was lied to - so I understand what you are going through. You will find so far everyone who posted to this thread are some really GREAT people. Think41Self and her husband we a great help to me. Let any of us know if we can help you out. Keep your chin up - it does get better.

• RN
    RN

Trotafox,

Hi there! I lived in Tamarac for 7 years (1986-1993). Knew one couple, Tank and Telia Mangoia that were originally in the Plantation Hall but later attended in Tamarac. Also was very good friends with a Tamarac couple who now attend one of the Del Ray congs, Garry and Val Grey. If you happen to know either of them and could give me an update of how they are, I'd appreciate it.

RN

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hi, Tina:
    Glad to hear you'll be visiting our illustrious city over the wonderful (grateful-to-be-celebrating) holidays! This will be my first Xmas in 11 years. Really looking forward to it. My E-mail is open if you'd like to chat.

Trotafox

• muslima
    muslima

I live in Anthrax City/mouth of rat - FLA too!
    Welcome!

• battman
    battman

Hello from South Florida
    Hi my name is dave and i live in
    plantation and would love to
    correspond with fellow board
    members.

Dave
    [email protected]

• Cotton Tail
    Cotton Tail

Thank you all for your kind comments...as I become more comfortable you will hear from me more!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Welcome to the board, Cotton Tail!

I'm not from South Florida, I grew up in Northeast Florida in a little town in Putnam County called Interlachen. Have been living in New York since 1986 (when I came to Bethel, stayed in NYC after I left).

You'll like it here, so enjoy!

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Cotton Tail,
    I heard from Venice today, and her computer is down, but she can access emails at work. Send me an email, so I can let her know how to contact you. I don't think she has internet at work. Maybe. She asked me to send her your info, but your email is locked.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HI COTTON TAIL!!!

YES I live in Pompano Beach just a hop skip and a jump away from you!!! Give me an email and I'll call you or somthing, we could get together sometime. I'm working the boat show next week, but I'll see what I can do. I just moved here almost a year ago and I'd love to meet you, I know a few exjw's in the area that you'll love to meet.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Ven

"WE will make NO distinction between those who commit the act of Pedophilia and those who harbor them!!!"

Hello to all in the S. Florida area. I used to live in Boca but now live in Lake Worth. There is an exJW support group in the area that meets once a month. Most of the group members are exJWs who now attend churches. I used to attend the group but and enjoyed it, but I stopped when I did not have "Christianity" in common with the group memebers. While I view myself as a spiritual person, I am no longer a religious person or one who subscribes to a formal man-made belief system. I wonder if I know muslima or Cotton Tail since I used to live in Boca. I was disassociated 2 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit