Hi! Anyone posting from the South FL area?

by Cotton Tail 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Cotton Tail
    Cotton Tail

I am a disassociated JW living in South Florida looking for support in my area. Does anyone have any information? The recent events have brought back many of the nightmarish doctrines drilled into my head as a young child and I am having difficulty working through them on my own. Unfortunately as much as my friends and Husband think they understand it is impossible to truly convey to them the battles that wage inside me on a daily basis to convince myself I made the right choice and continue to do so. Thanks for the help!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

email me at [email protected] and I will post you some meails and numbers.
    Randy

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Cotton

Welcome to the board. I live near Tampa, FL and there are a few others here on the db who live south, near the Ft. Myers area. Whereabouts in Florida are you?

Dana

"...I'd walk with my people if I could find them..."

Third Eye Blind, Deep Inside of You

• Cotton Tail
    Cotton Tail

I live by the Anthrax... in the Boca Raton area. :)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey!! Venice lives in Pompano Beach and I know she would love to get together with you. She is flying home today, after being here on the West Coast since July. Make sure this post gets brought up tomorrow. She will be online for sure.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hi, Cottontail:

Trottafox here. I live in Plantation. I, too, just DA'd in June and new to this board. I know what you're thinking and how you're feeling. Personally, I don't do the prophecy thing anymore. Everyone has a different version anyway. When examined openly, the scriptural support for JW doctrine is so very thin it's ready to shatter. They manipulate through fear and twisting of scripture to ensure JW loyalty and survival of the WTS. No organization or church has the right to come between you and your relationship with God. It most definitely is not God's organizaton. Serve God; not the WTS. Jesus Christ died for all...not just JW's. He (not the WTS) is the way, the truth and the life for ALL people. Relax! You are in His hands.

You MUST read 2 books by Raymond Franz: "Crisis of Conscience" (read first) and "In Search of Christian Freedom". Available on Net only at ex-JW sites & also Web bookstores. Ray Franz was a JW elder for 40 yrs, Gov Body member for 8 or 9 yrs, & head of the Writing Committee in Brooklyn. He is no longer a JW. In the C of C, he offers some very interesting insight (expose?) into the inner workings of the Gov Body and JW doctrine. You will be shocked! "Christian Freedom" analyzes JW doctrine & lack of scriptural evidence thereof. I'd advise you get another Bible immediately as the NWT is a fraud. Just enjoy the freedom of talking to people about spiritual matters without the pressure of having to convert them.

You did the right thing. Don't let these events scare you anymore than necessary. Anthrax..Smanthrax. It's pretty hard to get. If it makes you feel any better, I work at Port Everglades. I look out my window over one of the Nation's largest petroleum tank farms with nothing but water behind me. I'm aware but not losing any sleep over it.

Stay in touch. There are many here to help.

Trot

• think41self
    think41self

Hi CottonTail,

Welcome to the board! I understand how you feel, about wanting to talk to people who really understand where you are coming from. My sister, Safe4kids already posted to you. I live near Ft Myers..you are on the WRONG coast. Just kidding. My email is open, you can talk to me anytime. And yes, Venice is over on your coast. I plan to trek over there and meet up with her some time..we should all make a day of it!

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I believe LovesDubs also lives in Fl. I may be mistaken though.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Think:
    You're from the Ft. Myers area. I get over that way sometimes when my mother and I visit Capitva/Sanibel. I LOVE it over there; much better than this side (Ft. Lauderdale). If you plan on coming over to FTL, let me know. Cottontail seems to have disappeared. Hope not. She was a little tense and worried about whether she had made the right decision to DA.

Trot

• Tina
    Tina

Hi!
    I'm planning on being in Plantation for the xmas holidays(if all pans out)Tina

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit