Crisis of Conscience/ISoCF Library Campaign

by AK - Jeff 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Just make sure to check with them before you donate; our library has space limitations and they place book donations in the book sale instead of on the shelf.

Good point, Emma. Most of us can check on that nowadays with a simple email to the local branch. I had done just that last week, and was pleasantly surprised to see how easy the local program works. They will allow me to purchase and deliver them - or they will allow me to donate the funds and they will purchase them. I also inquired as to hardback/softcover editions - and of course they would prefer the hard cover if possible here. In our case - the local community will be moving into a new $8 Million library in June, so this prompted my idea to get them on the shelves here. Jeff

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    I read somewhere that the reason libraries are out of these books is that possibly the JWs check the books out and "lose" them. Maybe they felt it was worth it to pay for a "lost" book than to risk having other JWs read this. They absolutely do not want any other JWs to know this "forbidden" information. Unfortunately for them, now the internet has defeated them in their crusade to hide information and silence critics.

I think that Mouthy told me she has donated several copies of COC to the local library and they keep getting "lost". Maybe she can comment on this. Mouthy, where are you today?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

NYC libraries allow donations. I will check it out and probably do it myself

tsof

• juni
    juni

Great idea Jeff! I want to check first and see if they have the books on the interloan system.

Juni

• bennyk
    bennyk

Yup. Our donations are still being processed, however.

We also donated Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan. This is good because it is not "apostate" (doesn't specifically mention the Watch Tower Society) and thus permissible for active Witnesses to read. They will be interested to discover that the WTS shares many characteristics with the "Moonies."

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

From a online search of my library network of 53 libraries NOT one copy of Crisis of Conscience . How can this be

are JWs stealing them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit