Crisis of Conscience/ISoCF Library Campaign

by AK - Jeff 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Many libraries do not have copies yet, as it is far from 'mainstream' reading for most people.

I propose that we can all do a small deed that can/might be a huge favor to our former 'brethren' in the 'Truth'. Check with the local library, see if they have the books on the shelves. If not - ask if you can contribute books. Give them the IBSN number and they can order it if they will. Or they will often let you purchase them and donate. Some libraries will even offer to put a statement on the inside fly-leaf that it was contributed in someone's name if you like.

I know that in my 'doubting years', the availability of these books without having to find them on the internet, might have saved me a decade or more of captivity.

Wadda' ya' say?

Jeff

• talley
    talley

I did that very thing after reading CoC. Bought and donated a copy to my Public Library.

Judy

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Jeff,

Good idea!!! When I was in search for this book my local libraries did not have it either. The did an inter library loan from another city in my area, but this took 2 months.

I will check with my local library to see what their policy is.

nj

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Exception idea Jeff! I will
    look into doing just that.

Your friend,

Richard

• bluebell
    bluebell

just checked - there is one copy of CoC between the libraries in my county. theres also one by brian battison in large print - who is that??!

what does ISoCF stand for please? in search of ........?

• Watkins
    Watkins

"In Search of Christian Freedom", bluebell. Btw - love thiose blubells and your avatar picture is lovely!

How about Don Cameron's "Captives of a Concept" too, Jeff? I think of it as a compliment to Ray's books.

Great idea - thanks! I'll look into it here.

~Watkins~

• Emma
    Emma

Just make sure to check with them before you donate; our library has space limitations and they place book donations in the book sale instead of on the shelf.

• needproof
    needproof

Good idea!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read somewhere that the reason libraries are out of these books is that possibly the JWs check the books out and "lose" them. Maybe they felt it was worth it to pay for a "lost" book than to risk having other JWs read this. They absolutely do not want any other JWs to know this "forbidden" information. Unfortunately for them, now the internet has defeated them in their crusade to hide information and silence critics.

They also hide or withhold information about JWs who disassociate themselves.

LHG

• ibme
    ibme

Great idea.

Thanks

Ibme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit