here's what i want to know

by bigdreaux 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Silly isn't it - when you think they won't 'take' a simple greeting from someone they shun, yet they would potentially take something much more personal.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    THIS INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANY CURRENT OR EX WITNESS THAT I KNOW OF.

When I get some spare time I intend to write to the society asking for clarification on their stance of donating
    blood for fractioned use. I don't mind vilifying the society for wrongful practices, but I like to have all my facts
    in order before doing so.

I will vilify the WTS for you. Until it is printed in the WT magazine, the place where all the rank-and-file
    are to go for their beliefs, the policy remains. Accepting certain fractions from donated blood is okay,
    but donating it for the same cause is not okay. They may very well come out with a change but this is
    their position until that article is printed:

w00 10/15p.30 Questions From Readers***

The obligation to keep the Mosaic Law ended when the Messiah died. Yet, God’s view of the sacredness of blood remains. Moved by God’s holy spirit, the apostles directed Christians to ‘abstain from blood.’ That command was not to be taken lightly. It was as important morally as abstaining from sexual immorality or idolatry. (Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25) When donating and transfusing blood became common in the 20th century, Jehovah’s Witnesses understood that this practice conflicted with God’s Word.

donating ...... this practice conflicted with God’s Word.

How can you modify your position if donating conflicts with God's Word? You have to modify your understanding of God's Word.
    Isn't that like "being wrong" all along?
  • 5go
    5go
    But I reiterate THIS INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANY CURRENT OR EX WITNESS THAT I KNOW OF.

When I get some spare time I intend to write to the society asking for clarification on their stance of donating blood for fractioned use. I don't mind vilifying the society for wrongful practices, but I like to have all my facts in order before doing so.

I'll post the reply if/when I get one.

I get the feeling it's like voting you can but, you can still be disfellowshipped for it if you get the wrong elder on the JC. Remeber it isn't the law it's how you act in the JC that counts.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Can't Dubs who get organ transplants buy "Blood Indulgences" from the WTB&TS? Then it's OK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit