If the end is near....

by dreamer817 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dreamer817
    dreamer817

If the end is so close as they told me then why? why did they build all those new buildings up in bethel costed millions first of i wanna know how they can afford i thought they were a NONE profit so how you end up with millions ? how can they afford to pay the superentendents (rent them cars , pay there meals , lodging) where does this money come from rent stadiums for assembly's i wana know why those bigshots in bethel drive nice cars when jesus walked and the one time he rode a mule not a horse a mule ! he coould have turned a dog into a fancy white horse but he rode a mule to set an example for us he gave a sermon in mount olive where it was free ! not in an expensive stadium where at the end of the day they point out where all the donations booths are at !where do they get all this founding and why are they not sharing it remember non profit stop stealing from the poor , why do they ask for donations instead of a set rate for mags ? so they wont have to pay taxes! they are pretty smart. did jesus ask for donations in return for his wisdom did he say ill perform a mircle but donate some moneys first no! did if you used the bible more and less mags and books you would not need donations gods wisdom is free so stop charging the poor to hear his voice . and stop wasting your time building and expanding dont they know "the end is near" drop evarything and go preach his word[for free please} some of us have bills to pay and we earn our money we dont send kids door to door collecting money for us and another thing why have all the past presedents in bethel been white is god white?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi dreamer

welcome!

the end is only near for regular witnesses money cuz headquarters sucks it all dry lol

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome dreamer!!!

Don't worry, they will be preaching the same thing for another 100 years, and then some!!!

Relax and enjoy life

nj

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi dreamer and welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about jw speculation, as that's all it is, about the end being near.
    They've been saying that for 130+ years, and even predicted a few of the dates
    when it would happen, but we're all still here.

As for making money well, like most other cults they are totally obsessed with
    that.

• Watkins
    Watkins

And another thing.... they believe all the WT farms, buildings and everything will survive 'the end' - or "survive into the new system". Seein' as how it's God's organisation an' all... He has to start somewhere... lol. That's what I've heard some of the elders say anyway. Upstate New York, to them, is like Jerusalem - their own 'holy city'.

~Watkins~

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Welcome to the board dreamer817!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome, this is a multibillion dollar corporation they strack it rich through the donations and free labour of their members producing and selling their books for no wage. They certainly have no charitable spirit even towards their own loyal but needy JWs and that speaks volumes about who they really are.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Upstate New York, to them, is like Jerusalem - their own 'holy city'.

That came up in the 80's, 90's, now. "We will need Patterson to instruct us
    on how to educate the resurrected ones." When I look back at such nonsense
    answers, how could we have been fooled into thinking this wasn't just another
    Heaven's Gate or Jonestown cult?

"The leaders Governing Body will direct us into the New System where the
    elders will be princes and finally our ailments and problems will go away. All we
    have to do is sell magazines and keep the smallest part of our low wages for
    ourselves, giving the rest to God's organization. Oh, and attend 5 weekly
    meetings, along with 6 total days of full-day indoctrinations every year.
    And read anything printed by our leaders, publishing company, God's
    representatives, accepting it as prophecy while denying that it is."

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My guess is the ends not near. And the Witnoids dont have the troof.

• bluebell
    bluebell

welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit