The Real History of Mormonism - Outstanding Lecture

by cofty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

If you think the Mormon church is off-the-scale crazy you probably don't know the half of it.

The historical information in this talk by David Fitzgerald is fascinating. The good news is that, just like the Watchtower, their growth is being stunted by the internet.

Grab a coffee and be amazed at just how gullible millions of people can be.

Lucy Harris has become my new heroine. Don't miss the section from 8:50

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I have always said this. The Mormon church is more fanciful but the watchtower is more dangerous.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks. I'm downloading it from YouTube so I can listen to it tomorrow when I'm on the road.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Watched the whole thing. An excellent video.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks for posting this cofty. Very informative.

Good to know their founder was a fraudster. That's all one really needs to know. Everything flows from that. Runaway!

• scary21
    scary21

Thanks Cofty, I learned a few things even all I've read many books on Mormon history.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is why I get pissed with cult members who come here trying to recruit ExJWs to a new kind of crazy.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

cofty

I watched the whole video and enjoyed every minute of it!

Mr. Fitzgerald is a wonderful speaker and leaves no stone uncovered.

I always wondered why God would pick a fraudster like Joseph Smith, have an angel named Maroni ( what a stupid name for an angel....must of been an Italian angel) visit Mr.Smith ( who is always by himself ) numerous times and directs him to buried golden plates. According to Smith, he returned the golden plates to Moroni after they were translated and as of 1838 the angel Moroni still had the plates in his possession.

My questions are: Why would God or Maroni need these plates back? Why didn't they leave them if God wanted believers? Who is more bizarre and wacky.....Mr Smith or his followers?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wacky indeed!

Kind of the same "wacky" as Witnesses are thinking that God speaks only to the GB, and can never get things correct!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I loved the T-shirt that said, "Former Mormon, Ask Me How!"

Could we get an Ex JW T-shirt like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit