Is there anything wrong with listening to anything the jw's say????s

by Lotus65 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

My late step-father was a veritable FOUNT of good and sage advice. Alas, he was a gibbering alcoholic slob and never took his own advice. I would think there are better places to find "good advice" than from thoroughly evil men such as the GB.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Here's some 'good advice': don't, under any circumstances, listen to anything the JWs say. Anything sensible they have to say is buried under a layer of nonsense, and the good stuff can be found in any number of more reliable, unbiased, intelligent sources. You're a bright lad - surely you don't need the Awake magazine to tell you not to do drugs? Or not to take up smoking? Floss regularly?

See?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

lotus, this question bothers me so much. first off, yes, j.w's do have some good information on leading a moral life. but, what bothers me is your asking permission, from relative strangers no less, if it's okay to listen to certain things. all i can say is, FIND YOUR OWN PATH!!!! it seems your still in the j.w. mindset of asking if things are okay. only YOU can decide what to follow. never make the mistake of letting someone else make your decisions for you. much love.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lotus65..JW`s will say anything the Watchtower wants them to say.That could change in a heartbeat..Todays Truth,is tomorrows New Light.....Finding anything of value from JW`s,is like looking for a kernel of corn in a bucket of sh*t..You`ll eventually find the kernel of corn,but the rest is quite nasty...OUTLAW

• Quandry
    Quandry

Lotus,

Much of the advice from Jehovah's Witnesses is taken from the Bible. This is not from their religion, but from God himself. God does desire us to be happy and healthy, as he says in his word. So, we know that drugs, smoking, overuse of alcohol, premarital sex that could give us a disease or heartache, etc. is not going to do us good. Most of the churches give the same advice.

Also, your parents are there to guide you. That is their job. They have lots of experience in living and should not be overlooked as a source of advice.

Please, whatever you do or don't do, read or don't read concerning the Witnesses, and you may have to read alot if your folks desire you to go to meetings, DON'T GET BAPTISED UNTIL YOU ARE AN ADULT and are able to make a fully informed decision on this matter. Thanks for posting.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The Young People Ask book has some sensible advice. However, it is unreasonable to expect teenagers to not experiment or make mistakes along the way. After all, that is how we all learn.

The JWs then treat them like they are evil and shame them into feeling dirty and unfaithful. They do not allow for the inexperienced to find their way. They lack a sense of mercy and an understanding of the needs of an adolescent.

Even after these ones have learned from their mistakes, they hold all their indiscretions in a little file for life. Is this the way you would like to be treated? I am sure you can find good advice from another source.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As commented above they have some good advice but it's as if good advice given by evil people is no good due to its intimate association with them. Also ultimately these are wolves in sheep's clothing their goodness is only superficial and calculated to mislead that's why I don't give them any credit for anything, if the end of the day is bad then all of it is bad.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Just one question, would you take advice from Satan( or the Antichrist!!!) even if it was good advice(if you believe in Satan that is)?

• gymbob
    gymbob

Outlaw has it right with the example of the bucket of sh*t.....Another example: "Even a blind pig finds a ear of corn once in a while". Dubs get it right every once in a while too.

I'm sure even Hitler had a few good days! but what was his overall motives? Rule the world, any way possible.

So what are JW's overall motives? Get you saved? Get you to come to the meetings? Accept Jesus? Nope. they want you to become one of them and get you out there and recruit more. 999 out of 1,000 elders will not approve you're baptism if you're not going in service. If you don't do that, you won't be accepted as one of them. GYMBOB

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    Finding anything of value from JW`s,is like looking for a kernel of corn in a bucket of sh*t..You`ll eventually find the kernel of corn,but the rest is quite nasty...OUTLAW

Agreed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit