I can't believe they just sat there...

by troubled mind 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Saturday I photographed a Witness wedding .

During the part about the woman's role the speaker made the comment to the new bride ,"don't try to manipulate your husband .....we know how you women can be ...!"

My jaw noticeably dropped and I uddered " What the heck " as I looked around to look for support from other women there,. I was stunned by the sheer zombie look in their eyes .Fake canned laughter followed this imbiciles dumb comments.

Hopefully this will be my last witness wedding client I just can't stomach being around all that again for a whole day .

At the reception afterwards one of the dorky announcements was : There will be an open bar ,but we advise against anyone over indulging , if you do I or the groom will have to come over and give you a talking to ! And there will be no clinking of glasses what so ever .

I looked over to my husband and said "He does realize he is speaking to a room of adults ,right ?"

just plain dumb .......

At least the couple getting married were over 20 ......a rarity for witness weddings.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hell it cannot be any worse when my GF went to the elders in her hall to tell them her jw hubby was cheating and their response was "what did you do to cause him to cheat" and then they proceeding to read that scripture about the capable wife to her. So the lovely bride that you mentioned has a life long future ahead of her of being told that she is a loser, a jezebel and incompetent.

And the religion wonders why women leave?!

• Mad
    Mad

Well, TM- I freely admit our dumb mistakes & flaws-but in all my 35 years of being a JW - and many weddings- I have NEVER seen nor heard anything like that. You must have been in a congregation of phonies...if you are not exaggerating!

Agape,

the Mad JW

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yuck. Dub weddings always have the same "ear-feel" to them. I always can barely restrain myself.

I was touring a botanical garden somewhere and I barely overheard a wedding ceremony taking place like a hundred yards away. Well, just by the tone on the voices I could tell it was a dub wedding. We went a little closer and I heard something about "women's role" and knew it...

I told my friends that, we had a chuckle, snuck a little closer then went away. I wanted to scream out a warning to the poor bride.

:P

• Arthur
    Arthur
    During the part about the woman's role the speaker made the comment to the new bride ,"don't try to manipulate your husband .....we know how you women can be ...!"

I grew quite tiresome of these type of speakers - guys who would attempt to turn talks into stand-up gigs. It would have been hilarious if after he made that comment; the bride suddenly snapped a swift karate kick to his groin. Then she could say into the microphone: "yes, I certainly do know how we women can be."

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

years after I faded I married a Presbyterian man. We got married in his church because it meant a lot to him, but I wasn't sure what the rules would be. however, the minister was really nice, told me I was old enough to know my own mind so he wouldn't use the word "obey" in the marriage vows. Told me all brides wear white, he didn't want me to be any different - I thought that was a tactful way of totally avoiding the topic of virginity or the lack of it. It was a very nice wedding, unlike any JW weddings I have ever attended. The only JW contribution was that my parents wouldn't go into the church, so they watched the wedding through the window - which puzzled everyone there considerably. Strange Jw stuff...

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm udderly shocked that some JWs would udder such complete nonsense about the role of help-meets in a modern marriage! After all, is not Jehovah the uddermost pinnacle of egalitarianism?

AlanF

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

AlanF I am ROTFLMAO I love a good play on words.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    The only JW contribution was that my parents wouldn't go into the church, so they watched the wedding through the window - which puzzled everyone there considerably. Strange Jw stuff...

haha, what a fine witness your parents gave!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, of the "your parents are a little strange, aren't they?" variety. When I explained why they wouldn't come into the church, it just left folks shaking their heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit