Is. 2:2 My analysis..what's yours?

by NewTruth 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

So, here's the scripture:

Is. 2:2 In the last days, the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Here are some of my ideas:

Last days = Great Tribulation

the house of The God of Jacob = the anointed, or the 144,000

The law that goes out of Zion = the new little scroll that John eats, in Rev. 10, a new message of judgement and justice.

the ones going up to the mountain to learn= the great crowd = the non-anointed followers of God and Jesus.

any comments??

• Gregor
    Gregor

In other words, this is one of those kinds of discussions like... "the mothership rotates counterclockwise, rather than clockwise as others have asserted..." That's cool. Pardon my interuption. I'll leave now. Carry on.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

That was SPOT ON!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Before I expound.....................................anybody got a joint?

• Carmel
  • Carmel
  • Carmel
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Read and prayerfully meditate on Zechariah chapter 14 and Revelation chapter 21. Take off those WTS blinders and allow the Word to speak for itself or Himself,

Snowbird

• Triple A
    Triple A
    Is. 2:2 In the last days, the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

the house of The God of Jacob = the anointed, or the 144,000

Glad to see that you recognize that the 144,000 will be on earth and not a heavenly class. Which is supported by Revelation as to where the 144,000 will be.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

These are certainly wild guesses. I could just as correctly say that since the "last days" began with the Advent and earthly ministry of Christ, the references are all about him and what happened at that time.

Who wrote this passage, who was he writing to, why did he write it, what were the historical and religious circumstances that caused him to write this? Why should it have any meaning other than what the original writer intended for his own readers? ("A text without a context is a pretext".)

Is the passage quoted anywhere in the NT? It is always safest to read the OT through the eyes of the NT.

How do other translations render the passage?

What do Biblical Commentaries say?

Wild assumptions are dangerous. Don't do it.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit