I am so angry and frustrated right now

by elinor 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for posting this - as painful as things are for you at the moment.

An elder, who was like a dear Uncle to me for over 35 years, died of a similar illness a couple years back here. I think it was AML. He of course refused the treatments. I was already a 'shunned' one, and he refused to see me or acknowledge my loving support for him. He likely would have succumb in time, but he was more intent on keeping the legalistic religion fore in his mind than anything else. I watched him die at a distance. It still hurts me to think that I could not be there to support him. So do all you can to be there. Her decisions are her's to make, though we wish they would be otherwise at times.

Hugs and peace to you.

Jeff

• Sam87
    Sam87

this may have already been mentioned but ill add my 2 cents anyway

• Sam87
    Sam87

this may have already been mentioned but ill add my 2 cents anyway

• Sam87
    Sam87

oops sorry, the computer stuffed up on me. ok ill try again...

I remember my mother saying that in a certain country (im not sure where exactly) the organisation made exceptions for people to get blood transfusions (maybe because of legal reasons), i know its a long shot but maybe you could try and talk to your mother about it? Im sorry i dont know much more about this, but if you want just send me a message and ill try and find out more for you.

I really hope that everything works out, we're all thinking of you while you go through this hard time

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

((((elinor))))

• Sam87
    Sam87

bump

• Sam87
    Sam87

bump

• Quandry
    Quandry

Has the Hospital Liason Committee spoken with your mom? They know the latest about what fractions the JWs may take and perhaps could let her know and assure her that she may now feel free to take advantage of the "new light" concerning blood fractions. Also, is there a possibility that the doctor could speak to her in private about taking blood and getting forgiveness later? I always thought when I was in that if my child needed blood, I would sign for her to accept, and then take the discipline later.

• Sam87
    Sam87

By the way ive sent you a PM too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit