I am so angry and frustrated right now

by elinor 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bernadette
    bernadette

I'm really sorry about your mum being so ill and its a real shame that JW nonsence re blood is complicating the situation. Please don't let them use up the precious time you have left with your mum.

bernadette

• restrangled
    restrangled

Elinor,

I have no words of comfort.......I thought the JW's relaxed their viewpoint on blood....but apparently, no. In reality.....My own mother just went through an operation for Breast Cancer, and she refused any possible liberties provided by the new thinking.

I am so sorry for your pain. You are supported quietly on the side lines dear. I understand your frustration and pain.

Take care.

Much love,

r.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Elinor,

please allow me first to convey to you my most heartfelt sympathy in the trial you are going through currently. Six months ago I myself have assisted my mom, day after day, in the process of passing away, and I understand what you feel. Now, as I'm certain you care about having your mum reach death in a peaceful mind, I feel that,whatever you personnaly think about how having a blood transfusion is justified or not, the most important point, since I understand that, as a JW, she doesn't want any, is to respect her stand so that she won't add the burden of guilty feelings, helpelness or anger to the suffering of her agony. She has a right to have her convictions respected at a time when someone else has to made the decision on her behalf. In doing so, I think you will help her go peacefully and that is what matters.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am sorry to hear that your mother is also becoming another victim of the cult, I wonder why they still can't see how unreliable the FDS when it come sto interpreting the Bible even on this blood issue they have made so many changes and they will make even more making so many deaths appear as pointless.

As for the abundance of life ahead so dying now is not really that bad, that is some mind conditioning.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I feel so sorry for you. My JW mother died a few years ago, I sat with her in the hospital until she died. It is a very very strange situation when one of your parents dies - I was afraid of how I would feel afterward but I handled it. I'm sorry you are losing your mother - I hope you continue to post here how you are doing and what is happening with your mother. Stay by her side and hold her hand.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Elinor,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your mother's ordeal you are being forced to stand by and watch.

No words can express the frustration and anger you are now feeling, but you've done your best.

My prayer for you is to have the strength to make a difference you can, and the peace to forgive yourself and others when you can't.

May the peace of God be with you in this trying time,

Roller

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Elinor,

Our hearts go out to you and yours. Both my parents died in hospital, though not due to their stand on blood. I was with Dad when he passed. Although difficult to witness, I am glad I was there at his side and not elsewhere. Whatever you may face in the days ahead, please be assured of our love and concern on your behalf.

CoCo

• elinor
    elinor

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. They are much, much more than we have ever received from all of the so-called 'brothers' and 'sisters' and indeed more rational than the words that they have spoken to our family. The pain is almost unbearable, and I wish that I had some firm hope in a better existence in some form for her elsewhere but I don't at this time. Maybe that would make it better, maybe not. I visit her everyday at the hospital and have sat in hospital waiting rooms more than I ever thought that I would but that is what you do for someone like my mother. She would have done the same, and more, for me. Thanks again.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((elinor)))))))))))))))

nj

• ninja
    ninja

eli...sorry to hear about your situation....thinking of you and your loved ones......ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit