I am so angry and frustrated right now

by elinor 28 Replies latest jw friends

• elinor
    elinor

I cannot be very specific with this because I do not know who is patrolling these boards to try to catch faders (like me).

My mother has been very ill for a long time due to multiple health issues, all of them stemming back to a very low blood cell count. Before I even began to have doubts, as well as my father asking me about the 1975 debacle, I kept wondering why God (I can't call him Jehovah now that I know the truth) would allow such a wonderful and selfless person to suffer if all they needed was something that was produced naturally in our bodies.

Now she is dying, I mean she is probably not coming out of the hospital this time, and I am so angry that I could scream. Why is this allowed to happen? I keep praying for something to happen, maybe a mixup in the hospital and they "accidentally" give her blood or something.

The only good thing to come out of this situation is a family member telling me that if the WTS ever changes their stance again on the blood issue then they will go to NY or even Patterson and tell any passersby that this organization killed our mother. Yeah great, but what about right now? My other family members are no help whatsoever. They are all still fully brainwashed and tell her that "we will see you again in the paradise" and "we have so many wonderful years ahead of us on the other side of this system of things". Who gives a sh*t?! I want years with her now!!! Not later.

I know that there is nothing I can do and I feel so helpless and angry about the whole situation.

• Tara
    Tara

I am sorry for you and your family dealing with your mom's illness. It is very difficult and painful to just sit by and not be able to help. I know exactly how you feel. I was the only witness in my family. When I was still in my mother developed acute myelogenous leukemia which is treated with multiple blood transfusions, which she naturally had along with 6 mos of monthly chemotherapy. She went into remission. 6 months later the symptoms returned and they tried to treat it again, but were unsuccessful, and she died. Ultimately, the blood treatment bought her a year, in which for half of it, she was sick as a dog. As painful as it is for you, so long as your mom makes her choice knowing all the options, you have to respect her choice, however much you may disagree with it. The JW blood policy is wrong. They are blood guilty.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm sorry that you are losing your mom. If she had another faith or another illness, you would still go through a stage of anger. No-one wants to face the day they lose their mother. I wonder, too, if transfusions at this point would help very much?

Hold her hand while you can, and tell her how much you love her.

• free2think
    free2think

Elinor I'm so sorry you're losing your mum. This whole situation sucks, but I'm glad you are able to be there for her.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I feel incredibly bad for you honey. Having just gone through the death of my sister in law during which she suffered and there was nothing anybody could do...I understand your sadness. Spend as much time as you can with her.

Some day...the change is coming some day. God willing.

Not any help to you I know. Im so sorry.

LD

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

{{{elinor}}}

I am so sorry you're losing your mother. It does suck that a religion can take control of peoples decisions...

Like jgnat says, hold her hand and let her know that you're there and that you love her.

FF

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am so sorry Elinor...what a screwed up religion that allows it memebers so uncaringly say.."Well we will see you in paradise, and have many years there." HUH!!!!! it is just so cold. I hope she makes a turn around in her health.

Leslie

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Elinor, until I looked at JWD I had no idea how often your situation, or something like it, comes up.

The Pharisaical teaching on blood has caused so much unnecessary misery and then we get the mindless platitudes from others. It's like reasoning with a drug addict.

We're thinking of you down here at the bottom of the world.

Pete

• wings
    wings

I am truly sorry about what you are going through. I wish there was something that I could say to ease your emotions and give you comfort, but can't offer anything but a listening ear.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( elinor ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't know what else to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit