You Never Did Enough As A Witness!

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    What's worse is the UNWRITTEN RULES. Sometimes you don't even know you're breaking that one

This way it can keep changing and they can keep you on your toes, so many rules only when you are out do you realize how sickening it was and is for those still trapped in. But as Paul said, some people love to believe the lie.

abr

• minimus
    minimus

And of course, there are sometimes 2 policies. One for the congregation and one for the press.

• carla
    carla

That's the problem with entirely works based theology, how much is enough?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Worse than that was the changing policy of a new CO, when they came through it was like a new adminstration and undoing all of what the last CO said, rogue agents is what they are.

The power of the mouth with a CO has always amazing to me, men following these simple men like blind wombats.

abr

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Regarding the Pharisees, which the Witnesses constantly disparage, what's the difference between the two?? I think there are more Watchtower rules than Talmudic.

Watchtower bound volumes (now CD-ROM) is indeed a modern day Talmud. How many Witnesses have any of you ever known who go the the Bible and study the Scriptures when making a decision on employment or healthcare? How many rely on the Holy Spirit to guide them? I have observed that Witnesses (myself included) would always without fail go to past Watchtower articles for the answers. We were indoctrinated to give just as much respect to uninspired writings as we would to the inspired writings of the apostles. The Watchtower could deffinately be characterized as a modern Talmud.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes. What does the Watchtower say?? Not what does the Bible actually say.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes and even as an elder it was never enough - not enough seen lead in the service, not enough shepherding, not enough preparation for meetings - prepare for your own family bookstudy

Lives run by GUILT not LOVE

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

when I was in the org. I thought I was the only one who felt that way, the only one who was not worthy, who wouldn't make it through armageddon. I actually walked away because of depression - and I only started to feel better when I saw a bumper sticker that said "since I gave up hope, I feel better." I realized how true that was - and the more distance I got between me and the org., the more I could see what it really is. I left because I was so seriously depressed I couldn't pretend any more, but I stay away because my eyes have been opened and I see what a damaging organization it is, how many families are destroyed by it. I am so glad I'm out.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I NEVER felt like it was enough!

I left elders' meetings with the CO, assemblies, and conventions feeling like I was the worst of the worst.

I felt small, broken, and crushed in spirit.

That was the "joy" that I experienced as an elder.

Don't even get me started on how I was made to feel at Bethel.

Nvr

• JH
    JH
    nothing you did was ever really good enough to satisfy the Organization

This was the reason for me to do less.

If I can't satisfy them, I'll satisfy myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit