You Never Did Enough As A Witness!

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing that I will never miss is how you were made to feel inferior----that nothing you did was ever really good enough to satisfy the Organization and of course by extension, Jehovah God. I know of sooooooo many Witnesses that are truly depressed because they can never seem to satisfy God or the elders.

People even start getting mysterious illnesses and believe the "demons" are always trying to get at them. The mentality is that "everyone hates us because we're Jehovah's Witnesses". Witnesses become more and more isolated from reality. They can't deal with LIFE! They always have to try to measure up to rules and manmade laws.

Jehovah's Witnesses can't relate to "normal" people, aka "worldly" people. They are supposed to have nothing in common with those who won't become baptized Witnesses in good standing. If a family member decides to no longer conscientously believe in the dictates of the Watchtower, they are shunned or simply no longer viewed as a Jehovah's Witness which essentially means that they are treated as "dead"!

It's too bad that Witnesses live such an unfulfilling life. They claim to live the "real life". Nothing could be further from the "Truth".

• prophecor
    prophecor

Humans Doing, not Human Beings

• middlechild
    middlechild
    It's too bad that Witnesses live such an unfulfilling life. They claim to live the "real life". Nothing could be further from the "Truth".

Yeah, life sucks now but remember, this isn't the real life. The real life is in the paradise. We'll deal with anything now just to get to the real life ahead of us.

(Not my words, theirs!)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Good thread Minimus and I agree with you wholeheartedly with your comments,

They are right in one thing, We can't do enough to please God fully, the difference though is God knows that and it is why He sent forth His Son to die for us, the difference with them is they are trying to earn life.

They just don't get it, faith in the sacrifice and not trying to supplement it, is what God really wants.

abr

• Arthur
    Arthur
    that nothing you did was ever really good enough to satisfy the Organization and of course by extension, Jehovah God.

This is one of the ugliest aspects of the Watchtower as an organization. The Watchtower's version of Christianity is a twisted "performance-based" version of Christianity. The modern organization has taken on much of the characteristics of a large sales organization rather than the first-century congregations. It is a perversion of Christ's teachings.

The Watchtower organization is like a trinity consisting of first-century Judaism, nineteenth-century Adventism, and twentieth-century style multi-level marketing. It is like the AMWAY of Christianity. It's fetish with numbers, stats, growth figures, percentages, and field service reports has stripped so much joy out of serving God. It is one of the biggest reasons, I believe, as to why the organization has a revolving door in it's membership. They drive people away with their Pharisee-style approach to worship. And then, when people leave the organization; they have the audacity to blame the members. Ray Franz described the organization as an iron fist inside of a velvet glove.

When you have a micro-managed organization with a leadership that has a complete inability and unwillingness to accept any personal responsibility and accountability; you wind up with a cold, iron-like organization like the Watchtower.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Matthew 23:4,5a:

They make loads that are hard to carry and lay them on the shoulders of the people. However, they are not willing to lift a finger to move them. "They do everything to attract people's attention..."

Yep, as a JW, you could NEVER, EVER, DO OR GIVE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not according to Christ.

BA

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding the Pharisees, which the Witnesses constantly disparage, what's the difference between the two?? I think there are more Watchtower rules than Talmudic.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Regarding the Pharisees, which the Witnesses constantly disparage, what's the difference between the two?? I think there are more Watchtower rules than Talmudic.

I have always felt that way, the only difference is the long robes, tassles and boxes on their heads and arms. abr

• minimus
    minimus

What's worse is the UNWRITTEN RULES. Sometimes you don't even know you're breaking that one!

• Tara
    Tara

One thing that I will never miss is how you were made to feel inferior----that nothing you did was ever really good enough to satisfy the Organization and of course by extension, Jehovah God. I know of sooooooo many Witnesses that are truly depressed because they can never seem to satisfy God or the elders.

That is exactly why I left 11 years ago. No matter how hard I tried, what I had to endure, was never going to be enough for them. I spent the first 10 1/2 years feeling worthless, hating Jehovah, and just waiting for the big "A" to come and wipe us all out. Then 6 mos or so ago, I found a wonderful online support group for ex-JW women (called Women-Awake (yahoo group---Hello, JA JAs). There I found out the Truth was just a Big Fat Lie, they are false prophets, their God is not the God of the bible, their positions child sexual abuse (I was very well aware of their tolerating spousal abuse, having had an abusive husband), etc., etc..

I am now beginning to re-build my relationship with the God of the bible, and have come to really appreciate Jesus' sacrifice for us. (Sorry if I offend anyone...don't mean to sound preachy).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit