So many newbies lately. What drove you to finally post?

by OnTheWayOut 28 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

What drove me to post finally? The good news that my brilliant child will be going to college where I'm hoping she will begin to ask the tough questions that no one at the Kingdom Hall will be able to answer. Then they will begin to label her as spiritually weak, and she will be able to see that there is no love in the Watchtower organization.

I have a long and winding story to tell. For now, suffice it to say, I am liberating myself from Watchtower control one day at a time. The Internet is Public Enemy #1 to the Watchtower, but a Knight in Shining Armor to us one-time-deluded ones. PRAISE THE UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGN!!!

Snowbird

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Wecome Rosalee and Snowbird. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Keep searching and you will find.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Internet is Public Enemy #1 to the Watchtower, but a Knight in Shining Armor to us one-time-deluded ones.

That deserves an "Amen." Can I get an "Amen" ?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Can I get an "Amen" ?

AMEN! Say Halleleujah!

• DJK
    DJK

I'll second that, Amen!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Whatever your reasons.... I am just glad you are here.

Leslie

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have been watching (I like that much better than lurking- sounds less sinister) for about a year now. Some of the moving and eye-opening things about this board for me are/were:

• Information about the history and doctrine of JWs
    • Personal stories of hatred, anger, frustration, depression from former and present JWs (some of the feelings I could identify with, but in less poignent form)
    • Knowing that there were elders out there who were as frustrated and confused as I was

I finally decided to post because I came to a point where I knew that I was no longer going to be an elder. I felt that even if the borg monitors this site and could track me down (a real fear), I was not an elder anymore, and more importantly, I didn't want to be. About 6 months ago I started having a real problem saying some of the things from the stage that I was expected to say. That feeling progressed until I felt uncomfortable even commenting on much of the material that I was expected to comment on.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Glad you are here lrkr, you have much to offer with your background.

Leslie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    About 6 months ago I started having a real problem saying some of the things from the stage that I was expected to say.
    That feeling progressed until I felt uncomfortable even commenting on much of the material that I was expected to comment on.

Welcome Lrkr. That sounds like a person I became. I was an elder who had more and more trouble saying
    things from the platform and pulling JW doctrine out of people at the book study.

I stepped aside (remember it's not stepping DOWN, you are not higher than others, just more indoctrinated)
    by citing doubts. It's not necessarily the best way out of that assignment. If your elder body likes to pry and
    hunt, then it could be not the way for you. But please set a goal to at least step aside by a certain date.

It was suggested on here by some- use depression as a reason to step aside, family problems, concerns.
    Start working overtime and say that you don't feel right about doing that and remaining elder.
    Say that you don't have the family study because of depression and busy life, you need to cut back.
    One of the best ways to step aside using depression- visit a therapist (even once) and say that you have
    done so, and he recommends cutting back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit