So many newbies lately. What drove you to finally post?

by OnTheWayOut 28 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are so many Newbies in the last month or so. It's like Spring Cleaning
    at the Old WTS, time to push out the doubters and apostates. (Their term- not mine)

I can't keep track of all the first-time posters or returned ones that came on board in
    April and May.

If you are new, what drove you to post now? If you are not new, what comments can
    you add that you have noticed or that will help the newbies?

• R.F.
    R.F.

For me it was the need to vent and I felt that this was perhaps the best place to do so.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I would imagine many lurk here for quite some time before they post for the first time. Just being here is a big first step. For my 28 years on the inside I never would have dreamed of questioning anything the WTS said or preached. It was a wasted 28 years. I just hope those young ones can begin questioning soon so they can recapture their lives before it is to late...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    For me it was the need to vent and I felt that this was perhaps the best place to do so.

Vent on. It seems to me that so many have just reached the point where they either vent or explode.
    What I want is- what is doing that lately? Could it be the policy of "Don't wear jeans or shorts to dinner
    after the convention?" Could it be the recent reminder that Anointed ones are nothing special, even
    though that defies all the years of teaching that they are God's appointed ones, tested with fire?

Is it just that you've reached the point with all the little things that are BS in the WTS?
    Here's a piece of my first post after lurking for a few weeks:

How can you ask young people to give their entire life to service (instead of learning a trade or going to school),
    give them sustenance and covering with little else (so they cannot save for retirement), then change the deal just
    before their ailing health starts?

I already knew the WTS was not the truth. The latest thing was Bethel Layoffs. I was infuriated that
    they would treat their loyal drones with such disregard. Cast away the likes of me, I understand that,
    but these were their followers, churning out their literature, cleaning GB members' drool off their bibs,
    shining the brass in the lobby at HQ. How could I have even given so much of my life to them if they
    treat their hardest workers this way?

That's what I am looking for. WHY DID YOU NEED TO VENT?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Newbies! Here's my thread just for you. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx It's an oldie but a goodie.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I can truly understand your frustration.

I needed to vent because of some doctrinal points that just haven't been registering with me, (ex.paradise earth, the organization being only way to receive God's blessing, great crowd, other sheep) to name a few. Then too is the hypocrisy which really has boiled my blood lately. The high and mighties that are always trying to see what someone else isn't doing, all the backbiting, while at the same time offering no assistance to help anyonoe. I'm a MS and pioneer in my congregation and just because my circumstance have changed recently and i'm not able to work with the field service group through the week as much and been doing alot on my own, some say i'm slowing down spiritually and not fully carrying out the pioneer work. The thing that gets me though is that their children who are my age arent doing anything to begin with, yet they wanna look down on me because of a circumstance change. Then you have those that gossip about my mother who is an unbaptized publisher. My mother works and has her share of health problems. She tries very hard to make it to meetings and go door to door when she's not in terrible pain, but there are those that say she is lazy and can do more, and one of those sisters is supposed to be close to her. Too at the same time no one tries to check on her or call her or show true personal interest in her. Then you have the case of the elders, i'll just mention one in particular who made the most hateful statement. There was a young man in my congregation several months ago who was in a terrible accident and was in a coma for 2 weeks. The elder was asked when would he go see him and his family at the hospital...he said..."No. He hardly comes to the meetings anyway and it's not like he's gonna know i've been there. This young brother died a few days after that. This is just a taste of the things I need to vent about.

• mavie
    mavie

R.F. your story sounds very familiar. When I started to slow down due to my wife being suicidal I was told to pick up the slack. I missed one month of field service to be home with my wife, make sure she didn't kill herself. I was told to 'never do that again'.

I'm not angry at those people, they are deluded. However, I realized I needed to get out.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Even though I left the dubs 10 years ago I guess I still felt obligated to them in some form. I somehow managed to kid myself that the WTS has good intentions. It was only in recent months when talking to a co-worker (who also happens to be a good friend) that I really started to open my eyes and look at them for what they are.

I then started googling 'Jehovah's Witnesses' which led me to the freeminds.org site which led me here!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

R.F. - That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

....some doctrinal points that just haven't been registering with me, (ex.paradise earth, the organization being only way to receive God's blessing, great crowd, other sheep) to name a few.

Then too is the hypocrisy which really has boiled my blood lately.

.....offering no assistance to help anyonoe.

.....some say i'm slowing down spiritually and not fully carrying out the pioneer work. ....their children who are my age arent doing anything to begin with, yet they wanna look down on me .....

....gossip about my mother ......her share of health problems. She tries very hard ....., but there are those that say she is lazy and can do more, ......at the same time no one tries to check on her or call her or show true personal interest in her.

Then you have the case of the elders, ....he said..."No. He hardly comes to the meetings anyway and it's not like he's gonna know i've been there.

Definitely a lot of reasons to reach boiling.

• compound complex
    compound complex

OTWO:

Sorry that it had to be a comment from an older publication, but it was motivating to me, in fact, to an excess. Words to the effect that your preaching the Good News TODAY may have a life-altering effect upon your listener, who really needs to hear the message TODAY! I was so caught up with the "today" aspect that I was fervid in my searching out possibilities to share God's Word on a daily basis. My concern was never so much sharing publications as it was the Bible.
    Well, here we all are at JWD. My concern remains the same - helping my fellow - but now it's specifically to assist my ailing brother/sister JW who's on the way out, to coin a phrase!
    Yes, the WT Society "told" us to show selfless concern for others but certainly not in the way we members of JWD are doing so today.

Thank you for this opportunity,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit