JWs, Higher Education and Misrepresentation by Barb Anderson

by Dogpatch 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

Great essay!

• truthsetsonefree
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Post your comment and VOTE us up and dub trolls down Jehovah's Witness gathering celebrates baptisms
    Billings Gazette , MT - 19 minutes ago
    He was solidifying a commitment to God that had been a long time in coming, as thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses looked on. Ball, from Whitehall, was one of ... [email protected] reporter .....College student Danielle Delzer of Helena also took the plunge Saturday. Delzer, 19, who attends Rocky Mountain College in Billings , was baptized as her parents, a brother and many people from her congregation looked on.

Delzer grew up a Jehovah's Witness. But she said she waited to be baptized until she was on her own at college for a couple of years. Going to meetings and doing service convinced her that she was ready to make the commitment.

For now, she said, that will mostly take the form of sharing her faith with her fellow college students.

"I have a great opportunity in college where kids are looking for their own religion," she said. "A lot of them haven't heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I find a great opportunity there." Contact Susan Olp at [email protected] or 657-1281.

• truthsetsonefree
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

It is too bad that the WT reversed their earlier more liberal policy regarding higher education.

Regarding the first post in this topic thread, I think the WT thinks they are justified in their handling of secular quotes (which we consider to be mishandling of the quotes) in the same way that many other authors on many subjects use quotes of those who disagree with them on many points, thinking that despite being "hostile witnesses" the sources admit things which support the conclusions of the person who is quoting them. They view that as a result the hostile witnesses can be more useful to quote from than quotes from 'friendly witnesses'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit