If you could know when the end was coming, would you want to know?

by avidbiblereader 15 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Would you or do you feel you couldn't function the closer it arrived?

abr

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Sure, I'd want to know!

But that won't happen, as "No man knows the day nor the hour"!

BA- I think anyone who knew would be on their best behaviour, though!

• JH
    JH

No, I live by faith.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    No, I live by faith.

Me too! I have faith that the end is not coming.

• veradico
    veradico

I think this question is interesting because it gives me an insight into my personality. I don't tend to think the End is coming, but, presuming it is, when I try to imagine whether I'd rather know or not, I conclude that I'd rather know. The danger is that the nearness or distance of the End could change how I live my life in the present. It would be silly, for example, to plan for my old age if I knew the End would come first; on the other hand, if I knew the End would come after my death, I would probably spend more time preparing for the future. However, I would hope that my overall attitude towards life would remain the same. Whether this world will end or not, I should still do what I can to appreciate it and make it a nice place for myself and others. I'd rather work on whatever mental issues I would need to resolve based on such knowledge than be ignorant.

• golf2
    golf2

Why not? I mean, if and when I knew a storm was coming to my hometown, I would appreciate knowing about it. Anyone who THINKS this is a good world to live in, better think again. Most do not know what goes on behind the scenes of this world. The wizard of Oz is pulling many strings that serves HIS/THEIR interest.

I look forward to the end.

Golf

• Undecided
    Undecided

I already know my end is comming within one to thirty years. No question about it.

Ken P.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

You ask as though we don't.

Haven't you been at the JWD meetings?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    No, I live by faith.

Me too! I have faith that the end is not coming.

Ditto

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

If I know when the end was coming long time ago, probably my plans would have been different!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit