How many JWs are still waiting to have children in the "new system"?

by truthsearcher 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

*** g74 11/8 11 Is This the Time to Have Children? *** Significantly, in the first century Jesus Christ himself gave an ominous forecast regarding a calamity coming upon Judea.

It was in 66 C.E. that the armies of Roman general Cestius Gallus encamped around Jerusalem, but then withdrew, apparently without any reason for doing so. This provided believers in Jesus? prediction opportunity to flee. Those who did so were wise, for shortly afterward the Roman armies returned and the destruction upon those who remained was terrible beyond description.

The circumstance that Jesus foretold proved true: ?Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land.? (Luke 21:23) One can be sure that flight was more difficult for delaying parents with small children. If you had been living prior to that destruction and knew of its nearness, would you have considered that a time to be having children inside the province of Judea?

Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus? prophecy will shortly have a major fulfillment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time. They have chosen to remain childless so that they would be less encumbered to carry out the instructions of Jesus Christ to preach the good news of God?s kingdom earth wide before the end of this system comes.?Matt. 24:14.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was written in the WT shortly before the 75 fiasco. How many JWs are still not going to have kids in this system? How will they feel, when like thousands before them, they reach old age and realize Armaggedon was not just around the corner? I remember Ray Franz's sadness at the realization that he had reached old age and had missed out on the wonder and comfort of having children, choosing to serve a man-made religion of lies instead.

• zack
    zack

There are many childless couples in my congo., but there are many with children as well. The couples without tend to be around my age, the plus 40 crowd. The ones with kids

seems to me were the ones that were teenagers back when the generations explanation went off the reservation. A lot of these have children, though not many have

an education. Of course, the majority of couples I know from my profesional association are either waiting later to have children or have decided to not have children at all. And they aren't

JW's.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read somewhere that this telling people to have children in the "new system" is so that they will leave their money to the religion. They figure if you have no heirs you will leave it to them.

Not me. Even if I had no relatives I would leave it to a worldly charity. Never to this religion or any other.

LHG

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can remember JW`s waiting to have children,in the 1950`s and 1960`s..Many of them are dead now..I don`t think they`re interested in having children anymore...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I read somewhere that this telling people to have children in the "new system" is so that they will leave their money to the religion. They figure if you have no heirs you will leave it to them.

My parents are probably gonna leave half of their estate to the Wacktower and split the other half with my "believing" siblings. They can have it! I'll take mental clarity and freedom over a little money anyday.

Now that I'm no longer a Witness, I plan to have more children.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

What's sad about this is the ones that have a desire to have babies feel the need to act like it was a "surprise" when they come up pregnant in order not to be looked down upon.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    What's sad about this is the ones that have a desire to have babies feel the need to act like it was a "surprise" when they come up pregnant in order not to be looked down upon.

That's so true misa!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I know my self-rightious little sister, the wife of an MS is waiting, and a lucky thing it is for any potential offspring too!

I cannot imagine a worse candidate for motherhood, she is delusional, petty, spiteful, willfully ignorant, condescending, and self rightious; and that's just compared to thers in the congregation!

Imagine what she seems like to 'worldlings'!

shudder!

Better she should wait for what's never coming!

Roller

• Gordy
    Gordy
    *** g74 11/8 11 Is This the Time to Have Children? ***

Well I got married to a JW girl in July of that year. Also about 4 other weddings took place that year as well.

My wife and I had our first child in October 1975. Just in time for Armageddon

After 1975 had gone others also started to have children.

Also there was an article in March 1st 1988 Watchtower... Responsible Childbearing in this Time of the End"

*** w88 3/1 26 Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End ***"So the matter of childbearing in this time of the end is a personal one that each couple must decide for itself. However, since “the time left is reduced,” married couples would do well to weigh carefully and prayerfully the pros and cons of childbearing in these times. (1 Corinthians 7:29) Those who do choose to have children should be fully aware not only of the joys childbearing can bring but also of the responsibilities involved and the problems that can arise for them and the children they bring into the world."

We had our seventh child the following year.

Only my wife and two daughters are still JW's.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rutherford wrote much the same thing in the landmark 1938 "Fill the Earth" article. That was...oh, about 69 years ago --- a whole lifetime ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit