Got it off my chest. Had to tell someone.

by greenhornet 22 Replies latest members private

• BFD
    BFD

Wow Greenhornet that's great. I kept old litterature for years after I was DF'd. In 1997 when my mom started shunning me (I was DF'd in 1976) I gathered all of it and tossed it in the dumpster along with every letter she'd ever written to me.

I don't regret it for a moment except that I wish I would have kept her letters.

BFD

• mouthy
    mouthy

Do I ever remember that! I was terrified of the police and any one in military uniform

ROTFL>>>> During the Montreal FLQ,,,, I was a JW... Brenda ( a JW) & I was talking on the phone about how this must be the beginning of "TROUBLE" for US!!!! Good JWS....!!!!
    I had been calling on the door ....next to where Mr Cross was being held .so the police had been watchings my coming & goings I guess listening into my phone conversations also.( I didnt know that at the time)

If any of you dont know about that...He was kidnapped by the FLQ ...Any way after our talk on the phone .... I was studing the WT & The police just marched into my home- They didnt need to ask during this time.
    They rushed all around my home & out the back door looking in cupboards etc>>>>???
    Showed me pictures of the FLQ members & asked if I knew them?
    My poor Melanie was sick in bed she was about 14 I guess at the time She WAS SO AFRAID!!!
    But I thought "Oh well Jehovah Had warned us it was coming." So here is is
    Talk about putting the fear into people. That fricking WT --did a real good job on me. Good job I didnt own a gun when I found out -here I am now kids dead, one in the WT, grandkids still under their control I would have shot alot more that a box of books

• trevor
    trevor

greenhornet

A number of psychotherapists, inspired by Carl Jung, have written about the importance of ceremony in making big changes in our lives.

Ceremony is particularly important in leaving the past behind. It seems this was your very apt and original ceremony.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Greenhornet! GOOD for YOU to be able to find an outlet for the years of anger and frustration! I took my "blood card" the following New Year's Eve from the day I wrote my DA letter---and I burnt it in the kitchen sink at midnight. It felt really great! The symbolism was rewarding.

I had to laugh reading your post. When I was a teenager, I remember taking many WT publications into the yard, and using them as targets for a .22 rifle. Then I'd put them back in my parents bookshelves.

And I had to laugh reading THAT!

hugs,

Annie

• BrentR
    BrentR

I had totally forgotten about my Borg book burning over twenty plus years ago until I read this thread. It was very symbolic and cleansing and that was when I truly realized I was never going back.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Greenhornet...Welcome to the forum.

I can sure relate to your post. I walked out of a Sunday meeting just before it started after a disagreement with the visiting C.O. over a change in doctrine (new light )

In spite of attempts to lure me back I stayed out since I had finally seen the REAL TRUTH

I burned a lot of my books in the fireplace....Little suprised at how well and easily they burned

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I burned a lot of my books in the fireplace....Little surprised at how well and easily they burned (QUOIT) Yes and the book burning went OK, Like they did not scream or were impossible to light even when you put gasoline on them. They were just books, but very controlling at that time in my life. So now the books really are not inspired buy "God".This is what JR Brown said in a audio recording I herd during this Bethel elder little boy molester. JR Brown said in his own words that there is no specail channel from God. So basically he said they were uninspired books! What lies. I was let to believe that all Mags and books were from the inspired slave class, that was so mysteries to me at the time.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Mouthy.....What is a FLQ?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    JR Brown said in his own words that there is no specail channel from God. So basically he said they were uninspired books! What lies. I was let to believe that all Mags and books were from the inspired slave class, that was so mysteries to me at the time.

I'm sure JR was just doing a bit of the old "theocratic war strategy" for nosy reporters. At the end of the day, we all know what he really believes.

I wish I could shoot some magazines right now...welcome to the forum, greenhornet!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy.....What is a FLQ? Front Deliberation du Quebec
    Also the War Measures act was in force so they could enter my home without permission

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit