Fe2O3Girl's Race For Life run

by Scully 27 Replies latest social physical

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so very pleased to announce that our very own Fe2O3Girl has signed up to participate in the 5 km Race For Life in aid of Cancer Research UK. http://www.raceforlife.org/allaboutus/

The run takes place on July 1 at Arley Hall near Warrington.

Should anyone be interested in sponsoring her run, you can find her online sponsorship page here: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Fe2O3Girl

Good luck with your training, Fe2O3Girl!!!

Make us proud!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good luck Rachel!!

I'm doing it too - but I'm only walking it because my knees and ankles are no good anymore

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I think you may still get around faster than me, emo. I went to the gym tonight and it took me 15 minutes to jog a mile. 8 weeks to go, I can only improve!

• free2think
    free2think

Hey good luck to both of you. Whether you walk or run it's a great thing you're, doing for a great cause.

I hope you lovely ladies have a big fan club supporting you.

• Open mind
    Open mind

YOU GO Fe2O3Girl!!!

My loyal-dub wife and I are participating in a similar event in the near future. I think it's great to support a truly "worthy" cause and at the same time expose the family to some "worldly" people who are being good. Good people who will, nonetheless, need a good slaughtering at the Big A. Local elders can take their "counsel" and go wank themselves since these kind of events are usually not a "race" so they can't say it's got that worldly "competitive spirit".

OK, done ranting.

YOU GO Fe2O3Girl!!!

Open Mind

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awesome!!!

Always glad to see someone take up running and commit to a race!

Don't worry about beating the other runners... just run for yourself and finish with pride!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I popped out at lunchtime and jogged/walked 1.5K. I have spent longer with a map and a map measurer and a calculator than I did on the run, and I have calculated that I have shaved a minute off my mile time. I think I can put my improvement down to not bothering to monitor my heartrate. At this rate I will complete the 5K in about 50 minutes! I am sure it is possible to walk it faster......

Thanks to the posters who have already sponsored me. Cancer Research UK is a great cause. There is a link to their latest research news here:

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerandresearch/ourcurrentresearch/

• Scully
    Scully

How is the training going Fe2O3Girl??

Keep us posted!

• Princess
    Princess

You will have so much fun, good for you!

My first 5K was the Komen Race for the Cure in 2002. I was forever hooked on running after that. I've done countless 5K's 10K's, at least 5 half marathons and 2 full marathons since that run. I'll never forget the first one though.

Rachel

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hello, thanks for the replies!

I have started doing slightly longer distances - I now run/walk 3.5K in just over 30 minutes. It is lovely getting out in the countryside where I live, although I am sure I terrify all the wildlife for miles around lumbering over the fields, panting. I ran/walked 2.5K in 22 minutes this morning - I thought I would pop out while it was still cool.

Next stage is to attempt the full 5K I will be doing in less than 4 weeks. Eek!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit