Without Any Observer Can The Universe Exist?

by frankiespeakin 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Bernadette - Are you weeping over the having had two children, OR are you weeping over the 'having studied the Revaltion book a few times too many?!

At least giving birth ends, one way or another, but it seems the same does not apply to studying that damned Revelation book for current JWs!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a noise as it crashes to the ground?

If there are absolutely no ears or recording devices, no animals to sense the vibration, then NO, it doesn't
    make a noise. Noise has to be noticed to be noise.

If there were absolutely no life to notice the universe, why would it matter?
    The situation doesn't exist, and if it did, there would be nobody to ponder it, no life to notice it.
    My answer is, "That's a question with no purpose."

Now I will read the other responses. I withheld so I could give an initial response.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

We know that our concepts of "existence," "universe," "observation," "consciousness" etc. are dependent on the artifice of human language and its unsuperable anthropocentrism.

We also know that human language itself is an artifice which depends on "something else" which cannot be named.

And finally we know that both the affirmation and the negation in the former sentence are dependent on the artifice of human language.

So I guess the answer is: yes.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Did the Dinosaurs exist? Or only their fossils?

• ninja
    ninja

wow this thread is totally philosophical....let me add something profound.....what is the diference between a duck...??...one of its legs is both the same

• 5go
    5go

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a noise as it crashes to the ground?

If there are absolutely no ears or recording devices, no animals to sense the vibration, then NO, it doesn't
    make a noise. Noise has to be noticed to be noise.

If there were absolutely no life to notice the universe, why would it matter?
    The situation doesn't exist, and if it did, there would be nobody to ponder it, no life to notice it.
    My answer is, "That's a question with no purpose."

Now I will read the other responses. I withheld so I could give an initial response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit