Without Any Observer Can The Universe Exist?

by frankiespeakin 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What do you think? It is kind of like the question: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a noise as it crashes to the ground?

• bernadette
    bernadette

Probably not in the way we know it - so can we say then that we are part of its bringing itself (as we know it) into being?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bern,

so can we say then that we are part of its bringing itself (as we know it) into being?

"As we know it" I would say is a very good qualifier. As for example: How does an Ameba know the uninverse? I'm sure it's view point and perspective is as valid as ours, as well as different.

• ninja
    ninja

yes the universe can exist without an observer...or any newspaper for that matter

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

A sort of related question to me is: Just as we can play observer to the world and then by some strange means also be an observer to our own thoughts, can there be a "Ultimate Observer"? Some thing that observes everything, every thought, every feeling, something that encompases all consciousness?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nin,

yes the universe can exist without an observer

But we would have know way of knowing would we?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Maybe it'd be like Schrodinger's cat and be in both states until observed.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

For all we know the universe we experience may be just as imaginary as the colors of the rainbow, and the music we find so delightful.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sacri,

Good point! I think Quantum theory sheds some light on the subject. Super positions or waves of propability that all colapse into one when observed.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Of course it would exist, whether one was there to see it or not. Just like the tree falling in the woods. Yes it makes a sound....What is a sound? A wave...whether one is there to detect that wave is irrelevant....the wave would exists regardless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit