Help! Raccoons!

by expatbrit 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Ex,
    We used to have lots of racoons!We loved them but like you didn;t want them in our trash.
    We used bungi cords to lock down our trash lids.
    They love dry cat food and anything you throw out for them.One night I fed them a pan of jalapeno corn bread.They snarfed it down!
    But probably needed water afterwards.

So my advise is to secure your trash cans and then decide if you want to feed and enjoy them like pets or not.
    I feed every critter and varmit that comes to my house including humans.I just can't help it.
    Tell them to come see me!
    Ranchette

P.s. If you really want to have fun, go to Walmart and buy some 20cent goldfish.Put them in a shallow pan that won't turn over and watch the coons fish.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    The other evening when I put the garbage out, I got that creepy "I'm being watched" feeling.
    Elders? I thought, looking around in a discreetly paranoid fashion.

Oh thanks, Expat. I really needed a laugh today and that did it *lol*

love
    es

• noidea
    noidea

Expatbrit,

I will tell you the more you feed them the tamer they get, we use to have one that would sit at our door from time to time at night..I swear he was watching TV....The outcome, we had to use traps, lol......caught 13 in all, we thought there was only one. Warning......they are very smart there was a tag team of raccoons, one would hold the door while the other would eat.....I just knew they were laughing at me..

Also caught two possums......very hard to get a possum out of a cage when they are playing dead..........Good luck!!!

• more2C
    more2C

Here's another idea to get rid of raccoons. Sprinkle a box of mothballs around and in your garbage cans. The raccoons stopped coming by when I did this at my house. They don't like the smell of the mothballs and it worked for me!

Good Luck!

more2C

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Just be careful of the ones leering at your dog.

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• joelbear
    joelbear

Lisa
    Loves furry things class

I knew there was a reason Lisa liked me so much.

Raccoons are so cute.

Joel

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL@PICS

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Closer,
    I wonder what a rac-dog pup would look like?
    Ranchette

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

Dang terrorist!!!!!!!!!!Now they are sending Raccoons!!!!!!!!!!!

• LDH
    LDH

Joel dammit, I only like LITTLE furry things. BIG furry things make me rolf. [:D}

Side point, my daughter calls my husband her "fuzzy headed Dad," LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit