Two witnesses just left my door!!!

by TheCoolerKing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one. Good on you for being prepared, and kind. I've only recently gotten to a place from where I can pity an anonymous JW, without being angry towards them. But I still don't have anything to say to them. The conversation would end when I tell them how badly my parents lives have been disrupted by my mum joining. It happens to be true.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Thanks everyone for all your comments! I had to turn in early so I missed all your replies. Good debating there Mad and Jeff! This was what I was looking for from the two that stopped at my door yesterday.

Mad - I suspect that I caught the two witnesses off guard yesterday. Otherwise I’m sure that they would have brought up the rest of the Book of John, as well as some other scriptures. It’s been about 20 years since I set foot in a Kingdom Hall, but I do remember many of these points that we were taught as witnesses. Yes there are others in the Bible that are referred to as “Gods.” And as you stated above, “Many thousands saw Christ."Only-Begotten son" was a human term God chose to help us understand Christ; a father has only One Son- who IS NOT THE FATHER!” But why does the NWT refer to The Word or Jesus as “a God” when other versions of the Bible do not? That’s basically what I wanted them to tell me. My point wasn’t to make a case FOR the trinity OR against it. As I stated in the beginning of my post, my belief in ANY God is in question at this point in my life. And that is a subject for another topic.

“They were the beginning of the Catholic Church, who pulled in ALL kinds of Nonsense from other religions to pull in the masses to control and get money from! They reigned for almost two thousand years!”

Isn’t that the reason that ALL religions were invented? To control the masses?

John 1:1 - If all the quotes you use to support the non-trinitarian version of God are sufficient to do so, why on earth did Freddy see a need to mistranslate John 1:1? Not a single reputable, non-biased scholar accepts the NWT rendering.

My point exactly Jeff!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I think it is Jay Hess in his Witnessing to Witnesses when he uses Angels and Women he forces witnesses to make a choice between the orginization and what they're taught by the orginization. Bible ping-pong doesn't really do that because Witnesses will always do that and feel perfectly fine, actually they'll usually feel they "defended the faith" even if they didn't make one valid point. As long as they have a scripture when you have a scripture all is well in Witness-world. I stated earlier if you're trying to prove the trinity you might be at an empasse because one scripture proves it while another one does not. But if you took the different approach by saying the translation of John 1:1 makes it sound like there's more than one God, then they would be forced to either back the translation or back the teachings.

Whenever arguing with a Witness it seems the only thing to make people think is to boil it down to backing the orginization or backing the teaching of the orginization.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The support for the trinity is overwhelming in the NT

i read the new testament

i never found it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit