For those who've settled on 'no contact' with their JW families . . .

by Madame Quixote 34 Replies latest social family

• Highlander
    Highlander

Ariana,

You should always stay close to your family if you are a christian or not.

I agree, family and friends should look past minor differences such as religion.

What ever you think you know about them you never really know unless you yourself enter the kingdom Hall and find out what they teach.

What they teach at the Kingdumb Hall is to divide families based on religious differences. They teach at the Kingdumb Hall to shun anyone that that leaves the j-dubs, even if they are a close family member.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Wow! You should read all these threads in a roll. The impression is powerless people looking for approval! Without the acceptance of family and JW's our lives are pointless? We all know witnesses are taught to think in black white evil and good or they couldn't be strong.

Disfellowship them let them see how sad and sick their actions are. They assume power over us by disfellowshipping. Nothing going to shake their world they have a group and the group says it all ok. So isn't it ok? That what Hilter followers thought until righteous people made them look at the dead bodies of millions of Jews. Their free of personal blame it can be past on by proxy right? Hey loyalty to the org and elders takes away any person responaiblity - right?

Wow! That body of elder better stand in for you during the judgment day you better hope it not indiviual judgment base on how you treat the least one.

Your are sick person that can't honestly examine your own faith and your willing to disfellowship some one for doing so. I disfellowship you until you can be open minded enough to honestly take some critism obout teachings that change yearly. Shame on you for asking others to question their faith and then you goose step like a mindless robot and refuse to think for yourself.

Shame on you for not having the respect and discency to questions the facts because the elders say the person is wrong - when enternal life is at stake. Shame on you for condemning and judging a person on second hand information. Even worldly people have more integrity then that.

Shame on your for not repenting when doctrinal changes have destroyed honest people lives. Shame on the people who cannot right that wrong over those doctrinal changes and help the people they have destroyed and slander. Shame on you for saying Babylon is blood guilty for the shame reasons.

Shame on you for wanting the rest of the world religions destroyed because of false teachings and you let yourself off because it was new light - shame on you!

You are a mislead mind control person that cannot understand the love of Christ and I am going to turn away from you because your mentallly disease. You have no natural affection for your own family or other people of faith you have a godly devotion but prove false to the power of Christ.

How can I with good conscience associate with people that would disfellowship Christ?

And why would you want these peoples approval and give them power over you for their approval shame on you!

• emptywords
    emptywords

Ive read generlisations on this forum about witnesses, I mean what you say is not nessarsarily right either. The imperfect excuse makes me perk, I find hyprocrisy upon hyprocrisy using the well we are all imperfect to cover persons in the congregations that are cold insulting and back biting unchristian hypocrites, because these cold mugs that may give great talks go out witnessing regularily and dress like a Myers store dummy, then when trying to have a normal chat you realise this person is a tool, an uppity self righteous pharasee, who belives they are above everyone, I take people how I am personally treated, I don't give a rats if the person is inactive or never gave a talk, if the person shows respect for others along with fellow warmth and caring attitude, watches their tongue not because the elders may find out they are slanderous or a back biter but because they have a loving attitude, these are the ones I graviate towards.

Yes we are suppose to love everyone, even those that insult and abuse us, well I avoid those that I have tried to get along with only to be insulted abused and back stabbed about mainly through jelousy. I cant forever walk in the place and smile like they are wonderful loving christians, because they are not. And if I hear the "they are imperfect and that excuses them for insults and abuse backbiting, I will perk" did it ever occur to you that their are people that are ar*se holes full stop. Judgemental one may say, well to hell with that they are ar*s holes.

• horrible life
    horrible life

GO GIRL!!! emptywords I am cracking up reading this. And your other posts. Not because of what you are going through, but, I can put a face from my old congregation, on the lady you are talking about. A couple of ladies, come to think of it!!

Hmmmm wonder if they moved down under... If they are still alive, I bet they are still at it. I remember them making snide remarks about me, as a child, where I could hear. What kind of human does this!! Dad was an elder. Even that didn't matter. Their mouths (mother, 70 years old and grown daughter, 40 years old) just kept on running.

One night, they brought my mom to tears, after the meeting. I sat out in the car, waiting for Dad to come out. (You know how long elders stay after the meeting) I finally went in to get him. I told him what happened, in front of another elder, and that mom was crying. What happened?? You guessed it. NOTHING. It was just sister stupid, and her dumb fat daughter, opening up their big fat mouths again. They can't help it. Just think of how many people they have witnessed to.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Sadly most, not all of us that came into the org., came out of an abusive family. We thought we deserved to be treated badly. Moreover, people that have been abused seek strong guidelines to give them a sence of security.

So hey don't punish yourself that part of the program. But remember that blindness is so deep that unless someone turns on them from within org most people cannot think outside the box of the org. And remember further those that leave have a tuff time because they think the org had the truth. Truth is defined in action and action that are not loving kind and gentle are not from God.

We were never called to judge religion or people we called to show mercy and leave the Judgment to God. We spend the rest of our lives fighting against judging every little detail of life. So be patient and slowly things change and get better. My point is simple, perhaps if we all stood and were stronger and disfellowship them it would sober a few up.

Disfellowshiping is a powerful tool and when it used by a group people that already have security problems find themselve seeking the approval of the group. The same is true of children that grow up and continually seek the approval of a parent that have been abusive.

That is the deep hole; some of what a parent does is in our best interest and is good we confuse that with love. Many parent regret how they raised their children and would do thing differently if they could do it over. (that is because their children make them look at themselves and their conduct) The org has become parent to many homeless children - but they never regret the treatment of those children thats because of the great tool! The tool of taking away indiviaul responsibilty towards our fellowman and family. Bees and ants see the group - life is work and death is nothing personal. JW's believe that is honorable to be an bee or an ant the more the better. Life is of no value only the work and yet God say He will search endlessly to find a lost child.

No parent stops loving their child unless they have no natural affection - and from these turn away 2Tim 3: 1-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit