GIVE BLOOD!

by funkyderek 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I can't donate blood because of health issues. However, my son is in the process of organizing a stem cell / bone marrow drive at his high school, and my daughter will do the same at her university this fall. I suggested it to them because of Dansk's need for a stem cell transplant.

Kudos to everyone who helps save a life!

GGG

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I can't donate because of Mad Cow Disease. Go figure!

steve

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm already a donor, but I signed up anyway. Next donation is next week.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm already a donor, but I signed up anyway. Next donation is next week.

• blondie
    blondie

The Red Cross allows blood donation 6 months after having a tatoo. If you are having a tatoo every 6 months they you have a problem.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

OK,I'll admit the thing holding me back is this: I tend to get dizzy and pass out a lot lately. I'm afraid that I won't be able to drive myself home after giving blood. So, now I'm trying to eat better, up my iron intake, etc., so I'll be well enough to give blood. It seems like the right thing to do.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I signed up - I am already a blood donor, got my award for 10 donations last year. I gave blood this afternoon.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I have donated in the past, however I recently found out that I am no longer able to give blood...............

reason...........

Mad Cow Disease. If you've lived in the UK between 1980 and 1996 then you can not donate blood due to the risk of carrying this disease.............I was stunned :(

I give blood. In the UK !!!! I've not heard of that before - I guess that they must thingk that there is no harm giving it to those already infected !! Moo !

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I tried again when Dansk was asking for stem cell donors - I'm still not allowed because I fainted once - my BP was on the low side of normal so donating blood made it lower so I was told I wasn't allowed to donate again.

Apparently a life ban means a life ban

Won't stop me from trying again in another couple of years though!

Maybe I should change my name by deed poll and they won't have anything on me!

• PEC
    PEC

We are having a blood drive at my work on the 17th, I was the one that suggested that the company do one.

I signed up, this will be my first time, I picked an after lunch time, anyone in the area, is welcome to join me.

Philip

Appointment Confirmation
    Dear Philip,
    Thank you for making an appointment to donate. We look forward to seeing you.
    Appointment Details
    Date:Tuesday, Jul 17, 2007
    Time:1:45 PM
    Where:Prometheus Laboratories
    Parking Lot
    Address:9410 Carroll Park Drive
    San Diego, CA 92121

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit