GIVE BLOOD!

by funkyderek 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

A poster on another board I frequent has started a pledge to donate blood as a statement against the JWs' abhorrent doctrine that has led to the deaths of so many innocent people. If you are willing to declare your opposition to this doctrine by donating blood please add your name to the pledge here: http://www.pledgebank.com/againstjwdogma

• blondie
    blondie

My husband and I already donate blood on a regular basis. We figure unless we have a health problem preventing us that it would be hypocritical to fight the WTS policy on blood transfusions and not donate ourselves.

Blondie and Irreverent

• deeskis
    deeskis

I have donated in the past, however I recently found out that I am no longer able to give blood...............

reason...........

Mad Cow Disease. If you've lived in the UK between 1980 and 1996 then you can not donate blood due to the risk of carrying this disease.............I was stunned :(

• Mary
    Mary

I would, but here in Canada, if you've ever had cancer, you can't give blood.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

blondie:

Well done. If you wish, you can add your name to the pledge anyway, given that it's a near certainty you're going to fulfill it.

deeskis and Mary:

I guess you're both off the hook.

So what about everyone else? Surely there's someone out there who doesn't have mad cow disease or cancer or a standing order at the blood bank

Seriously though, worst case scenario, you get a chance to save a life.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm a regular donor, and signed the pledge form.

Just curious, FD, why the condition of the pledge creator to "only" donate blood when 50 other people have pledged to do the same? Isn't it kind of like saying "I'll jump off this bridge, if 50 people jump off ahead of me"?

I mean, if he wants to be a blood donor, he should be a blood donor, no strings attached.

BTW, I suggested a similar campaign some time ago: Are You a Blood Donor? (idea for campaign)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Scully:

Just curious, FD, why the condition of the pledge creator to "only" donate blood when 50 other people have pledged to do the same? Isn't it kind of like saying "I'll jump off this bridge, if 50 people jump off ahead of me"?

I mean, if he wants to be a blood donor, he should be a blood donor, no strings attached.

That's the format of the pledges on the site. I suppose it's to give people a further incentive to take part, but I certainly intend donating blood whether or not the target is reached.

• bubble
    bubble

I gave blood for the first time last Monday. I have also joined the bone marrow donor register. They can have all the bodily fluids I've got!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You cannot donate if you just had a tattoo. Oops!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Crumpet:

You cannot donate if you just had a tattoo. Oops!

Then your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find someone else to donate blood in your place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit