Someone making lifesized replica of Noah's Ark in Holland

by MadTiger 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Go to the Yahoo! homepage.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It is indeed interesting.

But those huge twin Caterpillar diesels on the stern may make some question the authenticity.

Rub a Dub

• DJK
    DJK

Lifesized? Has anyone ever challenged the length of a cubit? I know the cubit is ABOUT the length of a forearm, but over the last 200 years alone we have proof that the average size of a human has increased. What was the average human size in biblical days?

I'll have to go back into my bible to check the details God had given. All the drawings I have seen and now this replica are all alike and I don't remember reading about that much detail.

Very nice exhibit.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The miniature golf course on the top and petting zoo inside certainly were unique at that time.

Rub a Dub

• sir82
    sir82

I'd be quite curious to see how many pairs of animals they could fit inside, along with food supplies for a year. I wonder if they'll try it?

Don't forget the bazillion different species of beetles!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

It is only half-sized, I was reading about it in the papers.

It has a cinema and models of some of the animals.

In one leap this guy has taken believers in the Noachilan Flood from obscurity to ridicule, good job!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6604879.stm

Catch the comment by the out-to-lunch American tourist...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, everyone needs a hobby

In one leap this guy has taken believers in the Noachilan Flood from obscurity to ridicule, good job

Precisely!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Thank friggin God - We need it in the North East USA! Goddamn rain....

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

We a church just down the road that is shaped like the Ark, complete with gigantic plastic animals and everything. Does that count?

IsaacJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit