JEHOVAH IS AN EGYPTIAN GOD;ANYONE READ THIS BOOK?

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad
    Mad

All this seems academic- since they had no Hummers to transport important items across the vile wilderness the Jews were to cross. So the one safe 'vehicle' God knew they could make was likely an ARK- without Egyptian religious elements. Another example is the Temple. All religions had them- THEIR temple was just free of idols and items of the false religions.

the Mad One

• choosing life
    choosing life

Lalolaia,

I hope I spelled that right. Can I ask what type of background do you have in religious history? You seem to be well versed on a lot of details. Just curious?

And I love your aviator and tennis. Thinking French Open.

• Panda
    Panda

I think that the Egyptian pharoah Akenaten had a revelation to worship one god, the Creator (the Aten or Aton?) which was symbolised as the sun. He even built a new city to pay homage to this god. Later his images and tomb were desecrated and all images of the Aten were chisled out of history (so the priests thought) and everyone went back to the older gods, but of course some of those things changed.

So many of the Hebrew Laws were derived from the Egyptian religion and others were to maintain their nomadic existence ie., no pork, no shell fish ... neither of them suited to nomadic tent and travel.

It wouldn't have been a moon god because death/creation and the moon/night (everything womb related) were considered goddess territory (Maat, Nut, Hathor)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had some classics training many years ago, and I have much linguistics training, but my knowledge of religious history is based mainly on my personal research over the past twenty years.

Would be looking forward more to the French Open if Kim was going to be in it, so I'm much more in anticipation of Wimbledon. :)

• badboy
    badboy

I FOUND THIS TITLE BY TYPING IN JEHOVAH'S ON WHSMITH HOME PAGE.

NEVER READ IT.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's all such ancient history, who can really know who was worshipping who? I've heard that El was the first god of Israel.

• needproof
    needproof

El is a title of God in some parts of the OT; IS-RA-EL, this is why people go to BETH-EL, you become an EL-DER and join the EL-ITE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit