Red Cross helps JW's

by DazedAndConfused 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

On the way out,

Try bringing that up to a jw about not helping their own! Now they have Katrina and can use how godly
    they are because they went down to help those in good standing. They even helped a non jw put a roof
    on! or so the story goes.

No, there's no point in trying to explain this. They are blinded by the organization. It has done
    wonderful in this effort, according to them.

In the past, INDIVIDUALS did a wonderful job of helping fellow JW's after a hurricane or other
    disaster. They gave money to families, donated cars, clothes, food, chain saws, labor, etc.
    INDIVIDUALS sometimes led congregations to make it appear as if MOTHER was doing such
    a wonderful thing.

Now, MOTHER is too involved. She asks that people refrain from donating stuff, instead asking
    that donations be made directly to the Worldwide Work boxes at the KH. Then they say, "Don't
    earmark your donations. We will decide how to best help with it."
    Next, they organized the volunteers to work with Regional Building Committees. They make you
    apply with a questionaire before going to repair roofs and cut down trees. What a joke.

The Borg has seriously reduced the actual aid given by individuals. If people have a strong back,
    or even a weak one, but a willing spirit- let them help.

I went to Florida once to provide Hurricane relief. A group of us brought donated stuff and tools. We
    went and fixed roofs. We didn't get permission to go. That would not be allowed today. I think
    they want to purchase all the roofing material, so they can buy it from someone's JW supplier.
    That way, no money was directly used by a volunteer and spent at Home Depot without giving
    credit to MOTHER.

Money donated should be put into people's hands. Stuff donated- same.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Beware Jehovah's Witnesses the Governing Body wants your blood.

We take your blood, freely

orangefatcat

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Interestingly, should the Canadian headquarters ever need to be evacuated, a former JW would ultimately be the person in charge of housing and feeding them through the Red Cross.

One of the seven Fundamental principles of the Red Cross is impartiality so of course they would be treated the same as anyone else but it would sure grate them to know that an apostate is providing relief assistance to them. In fact it would be amazing to see that 'apostate' as shelter manager front and center of all the Bethelites! <evil laugh> Then they would have to explain why they are shunning the person in charge of feeding them at no cost.

In fact, it would be Red Cross and Salvation Army that would be caring for them. Interesting spiritual dilemna eh?

• Scully
    Scully

Uzzah:

it would be Red Cross and Salvation Army that would be caring for them. Interesting spiritual dilemna eh?

Personally, I'd like to see them Wait On Jehovahâ„¢, the way they require their sheeple to do.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My father, hard core dub, drives a van-load of his brudders and shisters, that are down on their luck, to the local Red Cross food bank once a month, so that they can get their box of goodies.

I have asked him the logic behind this, and he just gets pissed off at me for questioning the provisions of jehoober.

Been trying to figure that one out for years.

Maybe I'll stop before my eyes start to bleed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit