Red Cross helps JW's

by DazedAndConfused 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Church members escape harm in apartment fire Stephen Wall, Staff Writer Article Launched: 04/30/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

SAN BERNARDINO - About a dozen church members were rousted from a meeting Sunday night after a fire that started on a first-floor apartment raced upstairs, where the meeting was being held.

No one was injured in the blaze, which was reported at 7:21 p.m. in the Indian Creek Apartments in the 1900 block of West College Avenue, said Tom Rubio, spokesman for the San Bernardino Fire Department.

About 25 firefighters put out the two-alarm fire in 15 minutes.

The fire is under investigation, and arson investigators were on the scene with the department's arson dog, Rubio said.

The American Red Cross provided housing assistance to the occupant of the downstairs apartment. It was gutted, said Fire Department spokesman Jason Serrano.

The people in the upstairs unit were Jehovah's Witnesses who were wrapping up a party when the fire broke out.

"We were upstairs saying our goodbyes standing by the stairs," said Lynn Thompson, who was visiting the upstairs apartment. "I said, `What's that smell?' Someone said it was just a barbecue. I said, `It doesn't smell like a barbecue."'

Thompson said her group was lucky to escape the flames.

"If we didn't get out when we did,

we would have been trapped," said Thompson, a San Bernardino resident. "I'm hurt and numb and scared."

Serrano said the fire caused about $175,000 in damage to the building, plus a $5,000 loss in personal contents.

The upstairs unit sustained interior smoke damage and exterior fire damage, Serrano said.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I wonder if the dubs will make a thank you donation - NOT!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most JW's view Red Cross as particularly evil because of the blood thing.

I guess they will say it's okay to accept help from the evil world when you
    need it. I would say the Red Cross provided them unconditional aid.
    WTS won't even consistently provide proper aid to their own members,
    let alone outsiders.

• carla
    carla

On the way out,

Try bringing that up to a jw about not helping their own! Now they have Katrina and can use how godly they are because they went down to help those in good standing. They even helped a non jw put a roof on! or so the story goes.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Help from the Red Cross.... the deebil is so ingenious.

G

"The Big Bang theory: And God said 'Pulleth my Finger' "

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

In one of my old cogregations, two JW families houses burned down, (next door to each other).

Not only did the red cross put the families up in hotels. They fed everyone (pretty much the whole congregation) who was at the site of the fire ofter it was put out.

The Red Cross rocks, I donate when I can.

• carla
    carla

I think there was a story ciruclating awhile back about a jw from Sweden (?) who's mother needed help and the cong wouldn't help her, she accepted help from the Red Cross and after her death the jw son decided to volunteer some time to the RC because they had helped his mom, he was df'd for doing so. Anyone remember hearing that one?

• ninja
    ninja

the dubs are starting their own organisation...coming your way soon..."the red torture stake"

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Jehovah witnesses alway assert they're the first to arrive at catstrophes, in african to assist the brothers with food supplies, help families in disasters of all sorts. Well the WTS should look seriously at what they claim because it is always the RED CROSS to first arrive to assist in any disaster and to them it matters not what religion a person belongs to.

But is sure as hell does when it comes to JWs. And I know that it is true that unless your in the in crowd of the congregation you ill be helped but look out if your not, the society doesn't give a rats ass.

I know that cong.refuse to help families in need. As if it is a persons fault if they suffer from some sort of health issues, your left stranded, Unless of course your a somebody who knows somebody who will get you help.

The millions in donations that the society recieves and begs for in their literature is such a scam. Where does all that money go to. To keep Bethels elite in the best of the best places the best luxury the best food the best cars the best in electronics and technoligical toys. Give me a break. They are blood suckers.

See Brother Russell look what happened to your organization.

Orangefatcat

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    Now they have Katrina and can use how godly they are because they went down to help those in good standing.

I have comments about this.

#`1 The JWs made me donate 2,000 bucks after VOLUNTEERING to help put a roof back on my house after Katrina. That wasn't exactly my idea of charity. Especially considering that the house wasn't mine and they asked me to fill out a form stating how much FEMA gave me and how much insurance I had.

#2 As a JW, Red Cross gave me money after Katrina. And they gave a lot of JWs I know money after Katrina. They didn't ask for it back either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit