I am surprised

by DazedAndConfused 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I thought my initial post about this was important, at least more important than this post "Fluff Thread - What's your view on farting in public?" Please read on.

I started a thread entitled "Free Knocking Preview on Thursday in Pittsburgh, PA." I thought a few people at least, if not a lot, might respond with thoughts about how to approach this subject if one to were to actually go to this "free" viewing and discussion.

I am specifically alerting others that it is a free showing of the program and that the Director is going to sit down and discuss this program (free I might add) with anyone that wants to discuss it.

I am not from the Pittsburg area and was hoping someone might go to the viewing and state "our" views on the Knocking program. I have seen many threads dealing with the program and thought SOMEONE might be interested in anti-witnessing. I know Danny Hazzard is relatively close and I was hoping someone like him would go. I also have been informed that there are many in the area. Am I hoping too much?

Come on people, let's not only inundate a website to the point of it shutting down. Can someone go to the viewing and anti-witness for us?

*edited to add that I felt this is more important than farting.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think you'll find most of america is still asleep - thats why they wont have responded and so you are stuck with the brits and aussies who are miles from Pittsburgh and cant attend. Give it about 3 hours until america is up and caffeine is making some impact. But also PM Danny as he may want to go - although I have no idea where Pittsburgh is in relation to him.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

My initial post was many days ago. I am surprised it did not merit a response from my local (US) responders.

Thanks for acknowledging my post.

• Gill
    Gill

DazedandConfused - From the excerpts I've seen of the 'Knocking' Film, I think it stands as an excellent anti witness all on its own as it shows the JWs to be a bunch of freaks.

I'm all for free speech anyway. If you try to stop the showing of this film you are likely to stir up more curiosity for seeing it! It reveals the Watchtower Society's slaves to be a bunch of idiots. I was embarrassed watching the bits that I saw.

The majority of people are not so foolish as to fall into the Watchtower trap......and it is those who are in miserable and dire situations and the born ins that we should be worrying about. I don't for one minute believe that this film will have the population of the US rushing to their local Kingdom Hall....in fact, quite the opposite and the film more than satisfies any curiosity an outsider may have of the Watchtower.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hmm - sometimes its like tabloid headlines and you have to use a tag that makes it stand out. I mean there are loads of Knocking threads and I havent read any of them since the first one month and months ago. Sometimes people assume that a new thread on a subject isnt really adding anything new and is in fact just repeating earlier stuff unfortunately. Its not necessarliy reflective of a lack of interest as I see that this subject has generated quite a lot of interest.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Crumpet is correct. Also, your thread was posted during the weekend. Most US weather was
    fantastic this weekend. Many serious posters come on board during the week. Try bumping
    your thread at 9 AM Eastern Standard Time (NY time)

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Gill, I am in no way trying to stop the airing of this. I WANT it to air. I just thought someone could go and give an anti-witness to the "p***Y" whipped person who actually filmed this piece of crap.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

OTWO, I indeed think Crumpet is right.

However, my initial post was NOT on the weekend. I did get a PM about this, but that is the ONLY response I received.

Crumpet stated "

Hmm - sometimes its like tabloid headlines and you have to use a tag that makes it stand out. I mean there are loads of Knocking threads and I havent read any of them since the first one month and months ago. Sometimes people assume that a new thread on a subject isnt really adding anything new and is in fact just repeating earlier stuff unfortunately. Its not necessarliy reflective of a lack of interest as I see that this subject has generated quite a lot of interest.

Apparently Crumpet, my byline in this thread was enough to stand out apparently, you responded.

I am totally confused, but that is not unusual. I just wanted someone to be aware that this viewing is free and anyone is able to view this and sit down and have a one on one with the Producer.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

DazedAndConfused, as I see it, - speaking mostly about those in a position to attend, these factors may have been part of the reason you got no response:

1. The people who the topic was relevant to may not have been on JWD for the last few days.

2. The people who the topic was relevant to might already know

3. You didn't actually ask for any input, folks may have read it and taken note and may actually be attending - perhaps it may not be safe to advertise on JWD that they are.

Just because a post gets very few or no replies doesn't mean nobody's taking notice

• Gill
    Gill

D and C - I understand!

I'm wondering whether he did this show in a 'tongue in cheek' fashion, however!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit