When you were in field service....

by lavendar 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• themonster123
    themonster123

"Hi, my name is xxx and this is xxx and we're just coming around to our neighbors asking.....

ie; with all the things going on in the world, do you ever think there will be world peace? .... or whatever-sometimes I changed it up based on the Watchtower I was presenting and the scripture that went along with it.

• juni
    juni

Hi Lavendar! Love your alias!

I will never forget this incident which happened many years ago. It brought me to tears.

I started my presentation to a lady at the door and she started lambasting the JWs as her daughter had been a witness and had committed suicide. I couldn't go on w/my presentation. I had a huge lump in my throat and the tears started coming as she told the story. Her daughter had been DFed. All I could say was, "I'm sorry." And I wished her a good day and left. I did not "witness" the rest of the time for that day. It tore me up inside.

But it was years later before I left. The seed had been planted.

Juni

• lavendar
    lavendar

I'm sorry; I meant what was the most common response FROM THE PERSON who opened the door?

• lavendar
    lavendar

Oooooo, Juni; yeah that would have tore me up too. How sad.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

No thanks I'm not Interested
    No thanks I have my own religion

• ninja
    ninja

I think I told this story before..it wasn't door to door work but informal witnessing....I said to this guy..."there is more evidence jesus lived than napoleon" and he said ..."yeah but I don't believe in Napoleon"...I thought it was funny

• Marcel
    Marcel

no, there wasnt ever any one in field service who said something which led to doubt. in most cases things householders said were proof for the the truth (yay). it was the articles of the WTS who planted the seed. things that doesnt sound and feel alright.

• DJK
    DJK

Not interested was the most common. One Saturday morning I had a man tell me he was the priest at a church across the street, and he didn't want to talk about religion on his day off.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

"So, even though he's not in charge on earth; everything good in the world is because of God, and everything bad is because of Satan?"

It turned out that I didn't know everything.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I think that the final nail in the coffin for me was the UN scandal, even though I'd been fading for a while before that. As for the response at the door ... you guys actually had people open their doors for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit