What forbidden music did you listen to?

by brinjen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Robin Trower...Bridge of Sighs.....very fitting.

r.

• DJK
    DJK

The Doors, The Amboy Dukes,The Who and Steppin Wolf.

Journey to the center of the mind really turned heads.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

When I got baptised I threw out my Noiseworks and Queen cds

I bought them back a few years later. How embarassing!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh, and Boom Crash Opera! Of all the benign pop in the world....

• prophecor
    prophecor

Earth Wind & Fire was the thing that was to be devoted to destruction, that was never to be touched. Funny though, their music, being mainstream old skool is really quite tame from the Ludacris, Snoop Dog and the other rap genre that exist now.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Listened to anything and everything I wanted to. Been attending "worldly" concerts since a tender age. I always felt more love and spirituality at rock concerts than at any JW event.

Nvr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

2 Live Crew, Run D-M-C, N.W.A., Ice-T, - Then I went to Bethel and became an Elder

alt

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My first application to regular pioneer (in 1971 or so) was turned down in part because I listened to Beatles music. Later on, the body of elders changed and I got appointed anyway.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Beatles, Stones, various folk singers like Joan Baez and Bob Dylan, but the one that offended my mother the most was Janis Joplin. One of her album covers was a cartoon and you could see (gasp!!!)that the artist had drawn in NIPPLES (oh my gahhhhhhd) on a woman on the cover.

• Kent
    Kent

I remember having the Branch Coordinator in Norway, Thor Samuelsen visiting me many years ago. We were siting in my living room, drinking whisky and listening to music, and there was this song he thought were fantastic! He really loved it, and wanted to know what song it was.

I gave him the cover, and first he looked at the name of the group, Rolling Stones, which made him pale. Then the name of the song, Sympathy For The Devil, that made him white...LOL

After this we had a BBQ with others in the cong, and Thor needed som casual clothes, so he borrowed a pair of trousers from me, and a belt. An elder were looking at the belt all the time, but he didn't dare to ask Thor what was written on it. Everyone else thought it was just decoration, but this elder did se the written words: "Happiness Is A Tight Pussy". So, I'm afraid Thor Samuelsen never did enjoy mysic in my home after that - or wanted to use my belts :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit