TV Shows...which ones didn't you get to watch?

by TheCoolerKing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman were definitely 2 of my favorites, I have even been to those shows discussion boards.

(I need a life-lol)

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    what was wrong with Scooby Doo?

Alot of the Scooby shows had ghosts & witches. Definately a no no for any JW kid! I think the problem with WKRP was the sexual innuendoes between Loni Anderson and all those horny guys!

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman were definitely 2 of my favorites, I have even been to those shows discussion boards.

(I need a life-lol)

Me too Junction! Liked both of those shows when they were on...btw, where are those discussion boards??? LOL

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im not sure, but the last time I was on those boards was about 6 years ago, I dont even remember the names of them.

I would like to find some VHS/DVD episodes, but Im not sure how to legally buy them, Columbia House doesnt even carry them, but for some reason they were released in the UK and France, however those DVD's arent compatible with our players.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Good luck finding those Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman episodes Junction!

Oh and another show I could never watch was "Charlie's Angels". Besides the violence, I couldnt watch them because my mother said that the main characters "jiggled" too much!!! LOL

• AZ
    AZ

Thank god my family was never that active so I hardly ever went out in service...so I never missed Saturday morning catoons but I remember not being able to watch the smurfs, which didn't really upset me that much but looking back on it now I remember the whole JW movement about smurfs being bad. It's kind a funny cause they were dead serious that they were from satan...I also remember wanting to see "Willow" at the movies. It had wizards and stuff like that in it. I told my mom one day when we were driving in the car and there was another sister with us. The sister told me that the movie was bad etc. etc.,...I was really pissed...

• Threestars
    Threestars
    the violent pictures in "My Book of Bible Stories"??? They scared the hell out of me as a kid!!!

Well that one was nothing compared to the purple Armageddon picture in the old Paradise Book when I was a kid.

I loved "Twilight Zone" but it came on Friday night so I always had to miss it due to the meeting. Back in my day there were only 3 channels and we didn't even have a TV till I was 11. Yeah, I'm old.

I read a lot of forbidden stuff, though...

Found the book "Candy" under my Mom's bed (Go Mom!) when I was 12--read it--and then asked her about it. She threw a huge fit and said I was never, never, to look at that book (didn't know I had already read it, haha). Well, I just had to re-read some of the juicier parts so I looked until I found her new hiding place but this time I was busted.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Back in the 60's we didnt watch much tv we were always outside playing, baseball, football, riding my bike. I dont remember ever not being allowed to watch tv. I just didnt. I still dont.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit