Does Goofy Speculation of Prophecy by the WTBS reason to leave?

by Mad 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Does GoofySpeculation of Prophecy by the WTBS reason to leave?

See highlighted text.

That should be enough for anyone to leave, shouldn't it?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Any single sentence in any publication could be a goofy speculation... and probably is! Why even read the liturature? Why go listen to talks based on goofy speculations?

I can do just fine making my own goofy speculations.

By Mad do you mean pissed off? Or insane

You dont make a very good apologist

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wasn't able to post this, probably because I copied and pasted from somewhere
    that doesn't work well with JWD. I don't have my WT CD-ROM, so I will have to
    type it. Mad, appreciate this hard work of mine, but your organization tells you
    the answer to your questions.

"A basis for approved fellowship with Jehovah's Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the
    Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth.... Simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one
    to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires
    accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are
    unique to Jehovah's Witnesses." (WT 4/1/86 p.31)

I know, you can say that you don't deny the TRUE teachings of the Bible, and that there are many
    unscriptural beliefs that you are rejecting. I would agree, but THEY WOULD NOT AGREE.
    Association depends on agreeing with everything the GB says. Any trueness in their teachings is
    outweighed by the harm they do with deceitful recruitment, shunning, protecting the organization ahead
    of abuse victims.

MAD, I am happy that you post here. You are controversial but I see a sincere seeker of truth. If you
    enjoy the scraps of truth that you feel the WTS has, then find out that those scraps are accepted in other
    religions. While I might not advocate this course, there are nondenominational churches that allow you to
    seek the truth your own way, there is also Secular Humanism, or UU. There's also just your own
    independent search for truth from books, internet, meditation, talking to others, and life experiences. Who
    needs an organization or a congregation of robots?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Do you know of any group that has a clear understanding of the prophecies?

Ahhh......the old JW bait and switch!

Your original question was:

Does Goofy Speculation of Prophecy by the WTBS reason to leave?

And has been throughly and honestly answered. So the JW mindset (inculcated by the FDS) is, when cornered by logic - go on the attack against other religions! If we don't have the truth, then who does?

Brother Mad, you know in your heart that it is time to leave. Your answer was inherent in your question.

Do you really need any more reasons?

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hey Mad:

Why don't you put away your copy of the Daily Text, and try studying the writings of Paul. It makes for good reading:

1 Corinthians 7:23 "You were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men."

Ephesians 4:14 "In order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of changing teaching . . "

Your thread (like so many others) has proved to be intellectually vacant, and infantile. Stop being a babe.

• ninja
    ninja

I look forward to the day the madster joins the rank of the great unwashed ....come on in maddoid...the water's fine

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is only a matter of time until the Madster becomes a full blown anti-Watchtower poster just like us.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes, Mad is mellowing. I think the unconditional love found amongst us apostates has intrigued him. Love you bro!

Nvr

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

That was a good point KW13 made!

Is there a punishment for making attempts at foretelling the future without permission to do so?

They have not been punished yet for it...it would seem.....

But excuse me...did not satan try to tell Eve what their future was going to hold if she ate from the tree? Was he not fortelling the future for her..by acting as if he had divine knowledge of God and could accurractly judge His response to hers?

Excuse me....but what is the difference between the what the serpent did and what the WTB is still doing?

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

One of the reasons that we should give serious consideration to the Watchtower's position is precisely because of its failure on prophecy. Didn't Jesus warn us of the "false prophets" and the "false teachers" that would manifest themselves particularly in regard to Christ's coming? Those professing an invisible presence or secret coming were the target of Christ's warning. (Matthew 24:23-28 - Mark 13:21-23 - Luke 21:8,9)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit