Does Goofy Speculation of Prophecy by the WTBS reason to leave?

by Mad 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The key word here is "speculation"--you see it was taught up until 1994/1995 that the generation of 1914 was literal, not figurative. It was taught with full authority from the WT Society. Never did we tell householders that the 1914 generation was a speculation, it was actual truth, and that is how were trained to present it

Goofy speculation is one thing, but to totally mess up people's lives with bogus end of the world false prophecies is a whole lot worse.

You see folks, JW's are trained to refer to failed prophecies as only "speculation", however up until the point in time when that prophecy fails, they are taught as pure truth.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    The key word here is "speculation"--you see it was taught up until 1994/1995 that the generation of 1914 was literal, not figurative. It was taught with full authority from the WT Society. Never did we tell householders that the 1914 generation was a speculation, it was actual truth, and that is how were trained to present it

Goofy speculation is one thing, but to totally mess up people's lives with bogus end of the world false prophecies is a whole lot worse.

You see folks, JW's are trained to refer to failed prophecies as only "speculation", however up until the point in time when that prophecy fails, they are taught as pure truth.

Ditto J-G! Nicely expressed.

Nvr

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The Faithless and Indiscreet Slave-Drivers made a very astute statement here;

Just as the apostles understood many prophecies concerning the Messiah only after Jesus’ death and resurrection, Christians today understand Bible prophecy in its finest detail only after it has been fulfilled. (Luke 24:15, 27; Acts 1:15-21; 4:26, 27) Revelation is a prophetic book, so we should expect to understand it most clearly as the events it describes unfold. 3-15-2000 Watchtower Page 13 Par 12

I must wonder why they have never followed their own advise.

Jeff

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    isn't the Truth and the WTBS seperate entities?

If a JW refers to somebody else as being "in the truth", aren't they saying in effect that that person is someone who recognizes the WTS as the only source of spiritual truth? I think you're trying to draw some distinction here that we, as ex-JW's who spent many years in "the truth", know does not exist in reality.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Seventh-Day Adventists say that they are "in the truth".

• ninja
    ninja

yeah maddo....I disagree with them...so now noone at the hall talks to me or if put on the spot I get a quick hello...thats it.....I am more than willing to speak to them about anything and be friendly...they are shunning me without me being d'fed....cheers mate....the ninjoid

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    isn't the Truth and the WTBS separate entities?

If such a thing as "The Truth" exists, I have yet to find it....but I have seen enough to be sure that truth and the WTB&TS are a long way separated

• elliej
    elliej

The WTBTS is the tool used by the governing body to dispense the "Truth" to it's followers. I can't understand why witnesses think that somehow the two can be separated. The stupid things that are printed in the WTBTS publications are from the "faithful and discreet slave", it's the written form of "current truth".

Do they think that even thought their Society has been wrong so many times before, they still have all the rules and regulations right? Ohhh, they missed by a mile about the generation and the start of Armageddon, but they were right about not joining the YMCA! Or playing chess. Or wearing beards. Or any of the other obnoxious, absurd, petty regulations they heap on their followers.

They don't have any prophetic understanding at all. They don't have the right to insert themselves so intimately into peoples lives. Why in the world would I choose to live by the rigid rules set forth by the Society if they don't even have the story right? It is one thing to live a good, clean, moral life. It is quite another to have to jump through the JW hoops. I think it's really rich when a JW says that someone left because they couldn't hack living a moral life. What a crock. Other people in other religions (and out of them) live moral, God-pleasing lives. Even those who celebrate birthdays and holidays.

• KW13
    KW13

Its not just about the false prophecies, its not just the fact they attempted to predict what God himself and Jesus himself said couldn't be predicted. It was the conditions set for those who refused to believe in them and those who suffered accordingly.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Many leave because of it- yet isn't the Truth and the WTBS seperate entities?

the Mad JW

Yes the truth and WTS are seperate.

Truth: conformity with fact or reality; verity. Example: 1+1=2

WTS: a publishing company.

Another definition for truth

Truth: the state or character of being true.

WTS: Sect following a book of fiction as though it were fact. By defintion not in the state of truth..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit