Cicuit Overseer and District Overseer came looking for me today............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Last week was the 2 day assembly.I didn't go to either one. Today,my Mom called and told me the the C.O. and D.O.came for a visit.I've been attending only once a week and no field service in about 4 years. They left the March Watchtower and Awake magazines by the door. They will both be at Sunday's meeting. Should I not attend the Sunday meeting or come in late and leave early? What would you do?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That's your decision R&R.

I'd recommend skipping it.

Nvrgnbk

• Jourles
    Jourles

Don't go. Or else I can guarantee that they will be asking to speak with you in the "back room," or, if you don't have any plans later, can they "come over and chat for a little bit."

Skip it.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Don't go. In fact, make plans to be somewhere else at lunch and early afternoon. (Assuming that your meeting is in the morning) If you stay home, they could try visiting you again.

Cellist

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can find something else to do..Or..You can stick your neck in the HangMans Noose..Which sounds like the most fun to you?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What we're trying to say is.................................................run like hell!

• juni
    juni

DISCLAIMER: The decision is yours only.

But......... I personally wouldn't jump through their hoops. You know what you're in for; why put yourself through that? But if you are the type that wants to string them along and play w/them then go for it.

Juni

• Mary
    Mary

I wouldn't bother going. If anyone asks where you were, just tell them you were sick.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Should I not attend the Sunday meeting or come in late and leave early? What would you do?

What would I do?
    I have decided to be totally unavailable to the CO. I have recently stopped attending meetings, and will
    now be totally unavailable at all times to the elders, CO, DO.

You go once a week or so. If that's where you are at on your fade, you could skip it. In that position,
    I would consider arriving just as the meeting starts and leaving right at the end of the WT study, and
    not stay for the CO's last short talk. That way, you were there- no red flags for anyone. I think either way
    is fine, skipping or leaving early.

If they try to say, "Please, stay for a few minutes." Just say "NO, I have an appointment." It could be an
    appointment with the television or a sandwich or a beer or the cat, establish that beforehand. If they want
    to establish another appointment time for their visit, "NO THANKS, I am fine. I don't have the time for it."

Skipping has advantages, too. You can progress your fade by showing that you are so weak that you don't
    make time for the CO and DO. You gotta decide what to do.

• moshe
    moshe
    just tell them you were sick.

Or , Mary- he could get to the KH just as the song is starting and be sick at the KH- get up and go back to the mens room every 5 minutes- flush- and after the 3rd bathroom trip leave- don't be home after the meeting for a co/elder visit- if asked ,you were sick with the stomach flu and went to a med-check clinic for medicine. Hey man I tried, but I was really, really sick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit