What do we think of TOMORROW'S WORLD...

by Sasha 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    So, am I to asume, that the majority of people posting on this site, does NOT believe in the Bible and can actually not say, looking at the world in general, that something BIG is coming, eventually?

I for one believe in the Bible and I do feel there is a day of accounting and that something BIG is going to happen, I just don't believe that the God I serve is so cold hearted and is going to kill off everyone that is not a witness. To me, it is evident that the world is losing it and things are setting up for something major, something that is not going to be good for either us or the next generation.

Just because I left the witness doesn't mean that I dont agree with the Bible and the Biblical explaination of the culminatioin of worldly affairs.

abr

• prophecor
    prophecor
    So, am I to asume, that the majority of people posting on this site, does NOT believe in the Bible and can actually not say, looking at the world in general, that something BIG is coming, eventually?

No all of us are not, non believers. I will always believe in a Supreme Being, a Creator. All of the amaxing complexity of life could not have just happened by pure chance. There was a designer, a construcor for all these things. We are too infantesmally small to even reasonably comprehend the Granduer that is GOD. That being said, I'm reading one of thier books on prophecy as it relates to the United States, specifically and Great Britain. I have yet to finish the publication, but they say the key to understanding how it all plays out is to be able to identify who those remaining ten tribes are descendant of. It's at worst giving me a reason to think from another angle. I've already been hit with the worst snowstorm of mis-information on the planet. There's nothing that I could be easily led to believe now. The doors to an open mind, I will never place a barrier before. So I seek out what they have to say and take it all in with not a grain of salt but with a lot of bleach and disenfectant.

• RR
    RR

Roderick Meredith and his World Tomorrow are an offshoot of the Worldwide Church of God, when the Church apostcized after the death of Armstrong. Not sure about Dr. Hank Lindstrom.

RR

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

What we think and guess defines how we live our lives in the present...that is about the extent of influence our guesses have over our future and present I am guessing.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I am certainly NOT impyling that the Witnesses are correct on much at all! Thank-you all for you're posts. I personally believe that God control the weather and a lot of trouble for us will come from the weather, for one thing..... I cannot get my mind around the rapture thing at all. I believe there has to be a reward of some kind for all who have died prematurely and people of good heart.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I would warn you to be wary of anything related to the Worldwide Church of God and Armstrongism, as Meredith is. I could tell you horror stories, but it would be far more effective if you just Google and look for information yourself. I assume by your presence here that you're an ex-JW looking for new answers, and believe me, if you get into any of the many splinter groups of the now defunct WCG, you'll be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. From my time on this board, it seems to me that many ex-JWs are ripe for that sort of thing, they are left feeling so lost after losing their support network (JWs), that they end up looking for something else on the fringes of religion that will fit into their niche and vice versa. Please, be careful. I won't push my own views on you (I'm atheist), but if you must have religion in your life, at least let it be a widely accepted one within the mainstream of Christianity, not some fringe group.

As for Lindstrom, I never heard of him until now. A quick online search however, reveals that he is a radio (and tv?) evangelist from Florida. Here is his website:

http://www.biblelineministries.org/aboutus.html

He's definitely anti-JW, as can be seen here:

http://www.biblelineministries.org/articles/basearch.php3?action=full&mainkey=JEHOVAH+WITNESSES

I'm guessing you used his teachings to help you leave 'the truth', maybe? I would caution you against diving into his teachings too quickly too, or anything that is not mainstream religion, he has some similar views on Easter and other things that the WWCG used to teach, dunno if he was influenced by them or ever was a part of it or not, but the following article about Easter could have been written directly by the WWCG's Herbert W Armstrong, this is exactly the sort of stuff I was taught as a child.

Below is an excerpt from the St. Petersburg Times re: Lindstrom and his thoughts on Easter:

"Key to the debate is Matthew 12:40: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Lindstrom points out that it's only two days from Friday to Sunday, so the way Christians traditionally observe the resurrection can't be right.

The Bible says Jesus was crucified before sundown when the holy day would begin. Most people assume the holy day was the Jewish sabbath, which begins at sundown Friday. But Lindstrom argues that the holy day was more likely Thursday, a feast day, meaning that Christ was crucified on Wednesday.

The other side of the argument: The Friday crucifixion makes sense because the word "day" could be interpreted to mean only 12 hours.

The Saturday vs. Sunday debate has appeared on Web sites and been the subject of theological articles. Scholars have questioned the day that Jesus rose from the dead, as well as the day he was crucified, and Lindstrom joins a cadre of others around the nation who buck the Good Friday tradition. He refers to Wednesday of Holy Week as "Good Wednesday." As in other biblical debates, there may never be one answer acceptable to all.

"Jesus was crucified on Friday. However, some have denied this based on a simplistic reading of the Gospels," says one Web site sponsored by the California group Catholic Answers."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit