IS IT WRONG TO SAY SOMEONE ACTS WHITE?

by nvrgnbk 55 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

IS IT WRONG TO SAY SOMEONE ACTS WHITE?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Arrrrggghhhhhh! I hate that! So it must be wrong................

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I know I act white - and I am. I can't dance. Got no moves. I try though, and it is a sad sight. The male version of Elaine on Seinfeld episode where she is dancing, or something akin to that.

I honestly love to watch the ablilty of those who can - and honestly many of them are black. But then I don't care what color anyone is - but they probably always say I am really, really white.

Jeff

• ninja
    ninja

watcha talkin about willis...(bruce)

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I find whites are extremely difficult to make fun of racially.

What's the worst expressions? Cracker? Whitey? Paleskin?

Can't jump or dance? Sure, why not?

Anyone actually get called an expression that they found offensive?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cultural and genetic differences are okay to poke fun at. As long as you are just poking
    fun and everyone sees it that way.

Blacks and whites were raised culturally different, and many white people tend to be
    uptight. Many white men will never wear shorts and won't learn to dance. They didn't
    learn to play basketball. Many blacks never went near a swimming pool as kids and
    didn't learn to swim.

Terms like "white trash" are insulting. It's a white person's way of disguising racism.
    A person is "white trash" because only non-whites would do what he/she does and
    keep their self respect. RACISM.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Rocco is white. He generates a lot of very white dust all over my living room. But he's got moves!!! Sometimes he makes a hell of a lot of noise to go along with the moves.

I, on the other hand, resemble a white gelatinous mass on the couch in front of the television. I have no moves, and just thinking about dancing can cause me to pop a knee.

W

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

They say that to my daughters a lot. They don't talk ghetto or country. When my oldest was in army boot camp, her group leader was from Georgia and she had a thick southern drawl. She called my daughter into her office and said you can talk normal around me. My daughter told her this is the way I talk. She didn't believe her until the rest of the family came up for her graduation. My youngest is very dark skinned. Her driver's ed teacher asked her what country she was from because she didn't talk the way he expected.

The twins got asked if they had a white parent all the time??? Oh well! I don't know what acting white means??? Does it mean you don't talk with ghetto slang? Or that you don't have a Southern drawl?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That sounds about as stupid as me saying that you act cyan.

• ninja
    ninja

hey FF you will be dancing soon enough when I send you that whisky....he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit