YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Last evening's wedding celebration and reception was the EVENT of the year, if my opinion counts for anything. Naturally, all who attended this stellar occasion of occasions would be hard pressed not to concur. Everything was perfect ...

I wore the wedding colors though I was not a bridesmaid.

Having a part in putting it together was hard work but incredible fun.

Everything was perfect ...

I had to say that twice.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm splurging ... I'm going to buy 3/4 of a half-gallon of ice cream.

It's a bargain, too. The price hasn't gone up!

CoCo Vanille

• compound complex
    compound complex

Some men might despair to find themselves in my place. My circumstance - that of the immobility of my lower limbs - would become an irreparable blow to what my peers believe are the defining characteristics of manhood. Taking risks impossible in youth and conquering new territory, these sturdy heros march forward and confidently stretch toward a future of assured promise and prosperity. My frame, however, has been weakened by degrees through a perpetual illness that has deposited my sad body at the threshold of atrophy, adamantly declaring that my divan shall ever be my home.

Though the physical is irrevocably on the wane, the spirit is, conversely, waxing most prodigiously. Though my feet no longer afford me the simple pleasure of a solitary promenade, nor the capacity to gambol luxuriantly in the sylvan expanse of my family's estate, I am, more than any robust youth who runs and leaps, free.

I own a liberty and fullness of heart that soars higher than a lark. Useless limbs are no longer a source of bitter rueing my entry into the world. My spiritual emancipation came when I recognized the sublime importance of the dearest yet simplest of gifts. A student of so many years ago brought me the means to record my every thought: pen and ink and paper.

I have found freedom in the bottom of an inkwell.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Roger was, in spite of himself, imbued with a sense of hope - furtive, even despairing hope - yet hope nonetheless. No matter the problem staring him squarely in the face, the inertia that threatened to glue him to the spot always found itself giving way to a slow but steady forward process. First in heart and mind, then afterward in literal steps: one after the other ... one after the other. His father's relentless optimism found itself inherently lodged in some tiny corner of his own psyche, though not in as fully developed and hearty a manner.

Past failures to get what he wanted would render him paralyzed with indecision and the nagging sense that every future endeavor would wind up an exercise in utter futility. Roger despised being told "no," whether by another human being or by life and her close companion destiny. Besides, he had no use for exercise in any form, so why waste time, thought and energy over anything of no proven value, these so-called exercises in futility over which all men seem wont to squander time?

The young man was about to make the most important choice of his life. Is it really so, as some say, that the wrong decision is better than no decision?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Today I found a Crocodile in my pool so I wrestled it and took it too the river and let it go...I then had a shower and made love to three different women while drinking 3 gallons of beer...I then fought 3 men and a dwarf.................actually I just sleeped, woke up, ate, went to work....here Iam.

• compound complex
    compound complex

G'day 007:

Some men dream of what is your reality. You are, indeed, blessed among all men. Kindly reappear at your convenience.

Many thanks and cheers!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

2 MAY 2007

I love lost worlds of mystery and intrigue. Hilton's writing is so beautiful and descriptive that I truly imagine myself in Shangri-La.

"A full moon rose, touching each peak in
    succession like a celestial lamplighter."

• compound complex
    compound complex

What is an individual's greatest need? I cannot speak for another man, nor for that matter, a woman. It's certainly no surprise that few of us have our needs and desires "all worked out."

What I have worked out to this moment in my life is that I am free.

My new-found freedom - a liberation from tyranny and fear - has opened many a new door of opportunity, not only for me personally, but for all of us who have fled the Putative Paradise.

• Quentin
    Quentin

We bought an inflatable pool this week. A leviathan, started the water about noon. It's 11:01PM now went out truned the water off, pool is about 1/3 full. Hope I can "flop" around in it after work tomorrow, we got floats and all. Something to look forward too, no value in looking backward....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Happy sailing, Quentin! I know how long it takes to fill a pool. Even with a high-output well, ours took days to fill.

Stay cool.

Thanks for sharing.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit