I know we're not supposed to speculate, but....

by journey-on 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I believe that the new mag arrangement starting next Jan is the beginning of the WT becoming a really, REALLY dangerous cult

Could be. They already have a compound ready in Patterson. They are already selling of valuable properties.
    I have wondered if their shrinking organization would become more Jonestown-like.

I see the JW-only mag becoming very straightforward in the counsel to completely obey the GB.

With the help of JWD, I will point out the problems with their counsel to my wife and mother, but I do fear for the
    entire families that follow the WTS doctrines. There's nobody to really help them out.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

who says you're not supposed to speculate?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    who says you're not supposed to speculate?

Sorry, Hortensia

I reverted back to my JW days for a moment.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I do that too! Let's speculate our little hearts out. And whatever else we want to do - no matter what those lousy control freaks say.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm with Hortensia - hello Hortensia - we're not 'speculating' but 'pre-empting'. Was just thinking (despite my psychiatrist advising me against it), if donations are drying up, who are donating less/nothing? The Internet-savvy 'younger' ones? I'd guess that the begging pleading threatening suggestions for donations will hit home to the elderly who always feel more responsible (and possibly more afraid because of their advancing years)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit