I know we're not supposed to speculate, but....

by journey-on 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• journey-on
    journey-on

Based on a post today about the decrease in incoming donations to the WTS and this

I believe that the new mag arrangement starting next Jan is the beginning of the WT becoming a really, REALLY dangerous cult

from another post, I speculate that the "for JWs only" issue of the Watchtower is going to be heavy on $$$ issues. Probably a lot of encouragement to include them in your will, increase your contributions to the world wide work, and other money matters that shouldn't or wouldn't be discussed in a regular issue for mass consumption.

Yep, that's my prediction........lots of articles on generosity and how to include the WTB&TS in your financial planning!!!!!!!

Seems like I remember a small section in one of the WTs a couple of years ago about these "creative" contributions to mother including but not limited to the willing of one's estate to them. Does anyone recall that article?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Quite a possiblity. I too see the chance that the information contained in these new 'jw only' mags will be harsher and more demanding. More than likely they will be filled with more loaded language and a harder push for black and white thinking.

• bernadette
    bernadette

here is something on that from Wt 01

Ways

inWhichSomeChoosetoGive

CONTRIBUTIONS

TOTHEWORLDWIDEWORK

Many set aside, or budget, an amount that they place in the contribution boxes labeled "Contributions for the Worldwide Work—Matthew 24:14."

Each month congregations forward these amounts either to the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York, or to the local branch office. Voluntary donations of money may also be sent directly to the Treasurer’s Office, WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvania,25ColumbiaHeights,Brooklyn,NewYork11201-2483, or to the branch office that serves your country. Jewelry or other valuables may be donated as well. A brief letter stating that such is an outright gift should accompany these contributions.

CONDITIONAL-DONATION

ARRANGEMENT

Money may be donated under a special arrangement in which, should the donor have a personal need, the donation may be returned to him. For more information, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at the address noted above.

CHARITABLE

PLANNING

In addition to outright gifts of money and conditional donations of money, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These include:

Insurance:

The Watch Tower Society may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or in a retirement/pension plan.

Bank

Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be placed intrustfor or made payableondeathto the Watch Tower Society, in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks

andBonds: Stocks and bonds may be donated to the Watch Tower Society as an outright gift.

Real

Estate: Salable real estate may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either by making an outright gift or by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his or her lifetime. Contact the branch office in your country before deeding any real estate.

Gift

Annuity: A gift annuity is an arrangement whereby one transfers money or securities to the Watchtower Society. In exchange, the donor, or the individuals designated by the donor, receives a specified annuity payment every year for life. The donor receives an income-tax deduction the year the gift annuity is established.

Wills

andTrusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to the Watch Tower Society by means of a legally executed will, or the Watch Tower Society may be named as a beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may provide certain tax advantages.

As the term "charitable planning" implies, these types of donations typically require some planning on the part of the donor. To assist individuals desiring to benefit the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses through some form of charitable planning, a brochure has been prepared in English and Spanish entitled CharitablePlanningtoBenefitKingdomServiceWorldwide. The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts. It also contains additional useful information on estate, financial, and tax planning. And it is designed to help individuals in the United States who are planning to make a special gift now or to leave a bequest at death to select the most advantageous and efficient method in the light of their family and personal circumstances. This brochure may be obtained by requesting a copy directly from the Charitable Planning Office.

After reading the brochure and conferring with the Charitable Planning Office, many have been able to assist Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide and at the same time, maximize the tax benefits of doing so. The Charitable Planning Office should be informed of and receive a copy of any relevant document pertaining to any of these arrangements. If you are interested in any of these charitable planning arrangements, you should contact the Charitable Planning Office, either in writing or by telephone, at the address listed below or at the office of Jehovah’s Witnesses that serves your country.

CHARITABLE

PLANNINGOFFICE

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

100 Watchtower Drive,

Patterson, New York 12563-9204

Telephone: (845) 306-0707

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you, Bernadette. I believe that was the article I was thinking of.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you, Bernadette. I believe that was the article I was thinking of.

Uh, oh....sorry for the double post (don't know what I did.)

• garybuss
    garybuss

It used to be that one hundred thousand Witnesses had to work their tails off to "place" 7 million magazines or books. Now there are 7 million Witnesses and the Society is guaranteed sales of at least 7 million of anything they print. Plus they have 10 million more sympathizers as indicated by the memorial attendance.

I look for the Society to go to a third party vendor for literature sales and distribution at some point. I think they'd do it now except they still haven't come up with a way to have control of the customer base.

• zack
    zack

The WT has outsourced almost everything at the Bethel with the exception of literature and mag. printing. I think if they could sell the Roland Mann presses they would even outsource

the printing as Gary said. Maybe they have a plan in the works.

All they need are their cadre of sycophants. And as much as membership may slow, there will always be plenty of those.

As for speculating, only the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is allowed to speculate.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    The WT has outsourced almost everything at the Bethel with the exception of literature and mag. printing. I think if they could sell the Roland Mann presses they would even outsource

I can hear the dubs allready, "what a blessing, now the brothers can spend more time in the preaching work instead of having to do all that printing! How loving Jehovah is!"

And of course, they will believe the Society Invented outsourcing, Donald trump and Bill Gates will come to observe how they manage to run things so smoothly!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Up to 1920 the Watchtower was printed by outside printers...would they want to go back to that and lose control? Who can print that many copies?

I predict that................. the future will be unpredictable

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Here is a scan I did of the 2006 WT mag. I call it "CREED of GREED"

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=0e3b44dedc0598e93c1077c236b276f4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit