Give me something to celebrate! (Tell me some good news)

by AlmostAtheist 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow what great news you all have -- weddings babies and birthdays, jobs and training programs,

Mine sounds sad but it is good news to me

Last week I went to the store and on my way home saw a moving company having a garage sale. They had some kind of exercies bike but not a bike more like rowing - not sure what to call it but when I sit on it as if it was a bike but then row with the handles. The good thing is that I can use the heel part of my feet. I have had such a hard time to find some form of exercise that won't cause more harm or pain and isn't weight-bearing. I get it delivered next week

So my news is that I am excited about exercising

And THAT is a new one for me.

• Mary
    Mary

I got 91% on my course I took this term: Archaeology and the Bible.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Congrats, Lady Lee!

Exercising lifts the spirits, for sure!

I'm glad you were able to find a way to make it happen!

Cheers,

BA

PS- I once had to stop running for 1 year (OUCH), used Nordic trak instead.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's taken two hard years to get to where my daughter has this week.

She is fineally able to have consistant help with medicine for bi-polar. Sounds like a small thing, but ........if you have a month or two I will tell you the whole story.

Some of the behaviour that bi-polars do is considered bad association with the witnesses. I am celebrating my decision to walk away and take care of my child. I did not understand two years ago, her behaviour, but I believed in her and I believed in the morals and values and just common sense she had. The illness covers that up.

I almost, almost wrote her off as "worldly" which would have meant going to every mindless meeting, service and shallow friends.

My life is richer......I have also gotten closer to all my kids and grandkids, something I had quit doing because none were in the truth.

purps

edited to add: I opened up my mind and let myself be open to new ways of thinking and solving problems and it was a bit fearful for me. I opened my heart and all has gotten better.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

OK, one more thing.

Remember how upset I was that I lost the courier job to this job in the hospitol sitting at a desk all day checking in patients. WELL, I have been working with the tech(the supervisor) and today he said he wanted to train me to be a tech assistant. He said he felt that soon the hospitol would need one in our dept........and he wanted me trained so I can get the job and it means MORE MONEY!!!!!!

purps

I was feeling pretty good that he would take the time to teach me. I was complimented.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Though I've been bitchin' lately on here about my wasted years in the cult, I'm happy to say my future is looking quite lovely as of late. My business has never been better, and I'm enjoying the richest, most meaningful friendships of my life. I'm connecting with people and loving it. Life can be good! Even if it's damn complicated. Unconditional love makes all the difference.

Nvrgnbk

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My daughter is almost finished with her first year of college. COLLEGE! She is far from home, at one of the top schools in the nation, doing extremely well, and not attending meetings anymore!

Her prospects for the rest of her life are not limited by the WTS. She has freedom of thought. I am so happy for her that words can't express it.

GGG

• Brother Apostate
  • kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Great thread Dave! (I always hear Fry's voice when I read you! I love it!)
    We are enjoying our lives. Period. The kids are in softball, something hubby never got to do. They have been in community theater plays (our 8 year old daughter has been in two, the 5 year old son in one), they have been in a church christmas concert, been to birthday parties and had them, had their first visit from Santa and 2 visits from the easter bunny. The tooth fairy has made several visits and they have made friends with the neighbor kids. They've had valentines and all the things that make being a child magical.
    We are talking about settling into the community we have been renting in (buying a house) and I am planning on joining the work force with no guilt for not spending the time in service! Yea! More money for us and a better use of my time.
    As soon as we buy a house (probably the one we are renting) the first three things we are dying to do are:

1. Get a cat
    2. Paint these god-awful dreary cream walls
    3. Landscape this vacant yard and give the place some character

Summer is looking good and we are excited. We have a family wedding this summer (non-jw) and I am laughing inside to see if my sister still shuns me. She'll catch @#!! from the rest of the family if she makes a stink. Mom has given up not talking to me (probably because we haven't da'd or df'd)and has actually called twice.
    It is going to rain today so I don't have water my plants! My dishes are done (a chore I hate), Our daughter is over her athma attack from 2 days ago. The birds have been singing lovely tunes and life is sweet.
    Oh, hubby got a bonus check this week! Yea! and I think my broken couch is still under warranty I'll just have to pay shipping on the part. The hamster hasn't died yet (he's getting old) and the fish are still swimming. The lawn is mowed and hubby edged the driveway and sidewalk. The sidewalk is now 5 inches wider than previously! What a man!
    Kitten Whiskers
    You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and don't mess with Mr. In-Between!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I had a job interview that went really well and a follow-up interview lined up.

My hamster makes me laugh.

I emailed my english instructor from college (technical college) and asked if I may use her as a reference and if she remembered me. She replied with, and I quote, "Of course I remember you. You are indelibly imprinted in my mind as my BEST student in 20 years of teaching at MATC." (This just made my whole week.)

I am working toward getting residency here in California so I can go back to school and get my four-year degree.

I'm planning/attempting to coordinate a trip/vacation that I really hope works out.

Mike (my significant other) is doing better each day and he and I are better than ever! Last week was super hard for us but it actually only made our bond stronger as we pulled together to work through it. I so love this man.

I am learning, and getting pretty OK (not good, but OK) at YOGA! Which is so against the JW's! And I love it! It makes me feel so good. I've also been walking everyday since the new year when I made it a resolution of sorts, and now it's a habit! I don't feel complete without my daily walk. It feels so good.

I love everyone's good news! Congratulations to everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit