Give me something to celebrate! (Tell me some good news)

by AlmostAtheist 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey All,

There are a few "What damage did the Watchtower do to you?"-type threads floating about, and it's easy to get sort of down over it all. We've lost much, that's true. But since getting out, many of you have had some great accomplishments.

Even if it's not related to getting out of the Watchtower, please share some of your successes -- minor and major -- with us on this thread.

I'll start --

Zach started baseball this year. He's catching and throwing quite well, considering how poorly his dad does both!

Your turn!

Dave

• bebu
    bebu

15 years ago my father-in-law had triple by-pass surgery, and we were told that the average life expectancy after such an operation was 5 years.

He turns 72 today, and is in great health!

bebu

...Well, it's good news to us, though none of us have ever been JWs...

• Margie
    Margie

My sister is coming to visit me tomorrow. That's the best news (for me, at least)!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My little boy was supposed to have some serious surgery yesterday. . .shortly after heading to get some breakfast, we see the doctor!!! Scared the crap out of me! He saw that and quickly smiled. Turns out my son does not NEED the surgery. We have some other minor issues, but they are related to diet. YAYYY!!! So happy.:) Wish I could do graphics here, there would be a VERY large yellow happy face!

On another front, my sister sold her house to the FIRST lookers-at the price she expected in a very tough housing market (Idaho).

• Xena
    Xena

You mean besides the fact I'm getting married in 9 days???

My daughter made officer on the drill team. Only 6th grader to make officer.

• Odrade
    Odrade

In two years, I've built a business that is so busy I may have to figure out some way to expand. YAY ME!

• bernadette
    bernadette

My non jw sister is getting married this weekend and its a church wedding - my first church service since I was 15

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My daughter drove 1200 miles from Florida to visit me this week. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy not only to see her, but she left the TROOF on her own. At the time, she was afraid to tell me and I was afraid to tell her that neither one of us considered ourselves to be nor ever wanted again to be a JW. See........there are happy endings. That's why I call myself HappyDad.

I'll give you another reason to celebrate.........OK?

Tonight.......I'm going to hit the POWERBALL LOTTERY for millions and everyone who responds to your thread by 10:58 PM tonight...........I will send each one a check for a thousand bucks. Yeah......I know it sounds cheap.

HappyDad

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

These are great, guys! Thank you! Keep 'em comin'!

Dave

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

My son came into the 6th inning - bases loaded - we were up 5-4 - struck out the side - and closed it out in the 7th. His team is 2-0

Congrat on Zach doing well. Throw with him every chance you can and pitch to him - how old is he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit