Give me something to celebrate! (Tell me some good news)

by AlmostAtheist 43 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

My little sister is pregnant, I get to find out if it will be a boy or a girl in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait to spoil my new niece/nephew.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Also,

I want to say that I am very happy for everyone else's good news. You all sound like you have so much to celebrate!- I'll have a drink for you all this evening! -Maybe even two!!

:P

-K

• juni
    juni

drewsagan said:

just got a new classic vehicle that I'm getting ready to restore, a 1982 VW Rabbit Truck. What a classic! I'm in the process of finding the right shop to do the work and really hook it up. I actually had to have it shipped in from another state. I've allways wanted one and now I've got the chance to do a complete restore on it, i'm quite excited.

My daughter had a silver one drew! She called it Buttercup, but she never got to painting it.

They are cute little trucks. Hers was a diesel. Is yours? Have fun with it!!

Juni

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My daughter called last night. My grandson will be recognized at a reception at the White House as one of the top 200 middle school students in the U.S. He will tour Washington DC and have 1 on 1 sessions with members of congress. He will receive an award for outstanding academic achievement and leadership, presented by the President. He is 12. It's a program instituted by Eisenhauer (sp?) in the 50s, and every President since has hosted this event.

Amazing....we are so proud of him! So glad my daughter is out of the borg...and he can persue his education and his dreams.... Imagine if we were all still in... He'd have to forego this amazing opportunity!

Coffee

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

My oldest (Hannah) is celebrating her 7th birthday tomorrow and on Sunday we are having a party for her.

And the younger one has successfully decided which boys from her preschool class she is going to date when she grows up................

all of them

And me?

I am making friends with never been jw's and who know me for who I am and am finally finding a place in this world that is just about living life and being content if not downright happy.

Period.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I successfully passed all requirements for my Transfusion Lab rotation in school!

Despite having 5 quizzes, 3 tests (2 finals, 1 normal) 2 assignments due AND a final lab practical this week I have remained sane and fairly rational (although it is only Wednesday so it could still all go horribly wrong) Chocolate has helped. Coffee also.

I tested my blood and I'm A positive!! If I need blood I except all A pos JWDers to donate! lol

Dams

• ninja
    ninja

I am not a jehovah's witness anymore.....wooooooo hoooooo...I claim my $1000

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

This hasn't been the best of all possible fortnight's for me, so hearing about all of your successes is rejuvenating! Thank you so much for sharing them, and congratulations to you all!

Dave

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Sorry Dave! One of my threads happens to be
    one of the "negs" dealing with Watchtower
    damage.

Regarding the question though, I have re-
    cently graduated from college and in the
    process of building an internet business.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

****Zach started baseball this year. He's catching and throwing quite well,*****

congrats on this Dave!! our oldest daughter is in her second year of softball and she is the pitcher this season and has a kick-ass intimidating bat stance! she loves it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit